Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 3rd April 2018, 05:16 PM
Farm Hand

Default Allow guilds to merge

I have played many online games over a number of years. I have seen different approaches to trying to increase numbers and improve the game for all. Everything from merging servers, to being able to move your character to a different server (almost always at a cost).

While initially these ideas seem great, in reality many fail after a relatively short time.

One idea that tends to succeed more then others, is a feature to be able to merge guilds. This breathes life into many “dead” guilds. I would suggest if such an idea was implemented in the future, that only the guild master should be allowed to authorize a merge.

A request to merge would be sent to another guild and the response would be either yes or no. There would also be an option if a guild did not want merger requests to be able to opt out, in the same way that individuals can currently do.

It goes without saying, that a merge can only take place if the number in both guilds will not exceed fifty members. I would also expect that should merges take place that the guild inviting another to merge, would ask that players who have not played the game for a large number of days, to be removed from the guild first. Let’s face it there is no point inviting a guild with mostly inactive members to merge!

There are thousands of guilds in Shakes & Fidget. Many guilds find it very hard to recruit new members. I believe that the merge idea would improve this. The very top guilds don’t have problems recruiting. The vast majority of the rest do (except of course on new servers).

Last edited by Howie; 3rd April 2018 at 05:37 PM.
Old 3rd April 2018, 05:38 PM
Veteran Epic King

There is an update coming soon relating to guilds ... perhaps Leander could give us a hint if it related to expanded membership into guilds.
1st to Gem Mine Level 100
Old 3rd April 2018, 07:51 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Merging guilds is partly in the game by talking to guild members of an inactive guild and inviting them.

I don't know anything about the guild update yet.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 3rd April 2018, 08:54 PM
Farm Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Merging guilds is partly in the game by talking to guild members of an inactive guild and inviting them.

I don't know anything about the guild update yet.
I think a guild merge is a lot faster then inviting individuals and would work better. One click and all is done - One guild removed instantly when merged into another.
Old 3rd April 2018, 09:17 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Faster, yes but how should this work? With individual invitations everything is under control for each member. If the guild leader just clicked a "merge guild" button all guild members would be forced into the new guild.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 3rd April 2018, 11:40 PM
Farm Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Faster, yes but how should this work? With individual invitations everything is under control for each member. If the guild leader just clicked a "merge guild" button all guild members would be forced into the new guild.
I would think that most responsible guild leaders would definitely consult their guildies before agreeing to any merge.
Old 4th April 2018, 01:06 AM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

current way of guild merging is fine any other way is a waste of developers time when there is plenty of bugs that can be fix.
Old 4th April 2018, 08:46 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
current way of guild merging is fine any other way is a waste of developers time when there is plenty of bugs that can be fix.
Exactly, waste of time.

And I wouldn't keep my hopes up for this.
What about guilds that do not have Istructor, Fortress and Treasure maxed out? It's more complicated then it looks.
Old 4th April 2018, 09:28 AM
Mighty Hero

Don't agree with this, there are way too many variables involved on this concept.