Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 2nd August 2017, 07:50 AM
Farm Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeemannetje View Post
@katastrofeas, only servers from the same country can be combined. not from diffirent, there are already 18 international worlds.
I dont think there will be a problem if more international "mega-serves" are created because as we have seen with international servers they are very active and interesting to play. Playa has 200 national servers that are semi-active or inactive, so the next logical step is to merge them and create 40-50 international "mega-servers". The former will reduce the cost of having the game running and will offer players the competition they want.

Also, lets not forget that national servers are created with a big time gap between them. For example, players in Server 1 of Greece are way ahead than players in Server 6 are, so merging these two servers is unfair for the players of server 6. This applies to every other national server and because of that merging servers of the same country will be a problem.

Last edited by katastrofeas; 2nd August 2017 at 07:55 AM.
Old 2nd August 2017, 08:11 AM
Hero

I certainly like the idea, although I see that some players may not like it...
An alternative would be to allow people to "emigrate" from the server they are on. There are probably some technical challenges, but I suppose playa would be able to make an automated service allowing players to do so, without having to do manual work for each player emigrating. Yes - players would start all from scratch in the HoF of the new world, but I personally would not care. I would gladly "emigrate" to a server with more active players.
Old 2nd August 2017, 08:25 AM
Mushroom Collector

Gilde: NL forum

if half of the player base emigrates, the other half will quit beceause there will be even less players playing. so that wouldn't be a solution.
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:02 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

I like the idea, but I have a couple of dubs.

I have two pg in two italian servers, if they are merged than I have to choose which pg should I keep?

And another matter is that in an older server the pg/guilds have better bonuses (more time means pg/guilds stronger), so for the pg playing in the younger server is disadvantageous.
Old 2nd August 2017, 02:38 PM
Mushroom Collector

1. I have 3 accounts on the same server, there are multiple people with more accounts on the same server. if i was you i would keep on playing on both accounts.

2. only thing i can say on this is that this brings back the competition. and yes s3 has less bonuses then s1, the reason? there are less players on s3 then on s1, this means less high level tier players so worse bonuses. antoher reason why whe should combine servers!
Old 2nd August 2017, 03:23 PM
Mighty Hero

I believe that the devs have this in consideration, otherwise they'd merge something like s2 .de and s35 .de , which is nonsense. In my opinion, countries with inactive servers (Portugal, Spain, Canada, Brazil, etc) would benefit a lot from this, even though there can be some years between one server and another.
Old 2nd August 2017, 04:00 PM
Mushroom Collector

Indeed!
Old 2nd August 2017, 04:27 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Gilde: RO forum

Thats the idea, to merge servers that have low population, not merging s1.de, for exemple, with s35.de, this is non-sense.
Lets give another exemple of a good merging, like S1 romanian with s1 greece, or some servers that are at the same starting period or even an year between them.
This is the best solution, to be a less difference between them and revive the competition.
About multiple accounts, i agree and disagree. Agree : someone put a lot of work to make two pgs on different servers at level 300 and if this two are merging, to choose one of them. A solution, if this happens, is that for the pg that you wanna delete, to get back something (gold, mushrooms, xp, items, etc, depends on Playa ) that compensate your time.
Disagree : The advantage that a player has multiple accounts is obvious in multiple situations like fortress, hof, guilds, so better don`t step on this land of "rage" for some people and discuss it, lets wait for Playa to make their move.

Shakes & Fidget Romanian Community Ambassador
Old 2nd August 2017, 04:52 PM
Mushroom Collector

I totaly agree with you!
what I was looking for is to combine the dutch S1-2-3 they were made really quickly after eachoter.
But if greece and romania have only one server, then yea, they should be combined.
Old 2nd August 2017, 07:06 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Gilde: RO forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeemannetje View Post
I totaly agree with you!
what I was looking for is to combine the dutch S1-2-3 they were made really quickly after eachoter.
But if greece and romania have only one server, then yea, they should be combined.
It was only an exemple how this should work, because there are countries with only one server and its impossible to make any combination, but lets wait for the future and see what happens after the tests in the de servers.

Shakes & Fidget Romanian Community Ambassador