Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 23rd June 2019, 02:27 PM
Veteran Epic King

I'll give my 2 cents ...

Any update Playa releases I'm happy with ... always a little new content here and there ... I don't ever have high expectations so sometimes I'm happy with new content and others I'm really happy with new content.

Previously, updates were VERY buggy and then it would take weeks or months to resolve them.

Now, updates are not very buggy and issues are typically resolved in a timely fashion.

Also, I like that Playa has expanded the Scrapbook to include all items.

The dungeon is neat, its a new dungeon with content coming from a different angle.

You have to remember, Playa went through a Front End Overhaul and an Acquisition.

At the end of the day my favorite NEW feature is the Holy Grail (wonderful for newer players) and my favorite REQUESTED feature is the ability to mine gold after Pit 25.

Leander,

Here is my suggestion ...

For future content updates ... Provide the German and International Forums with 3 ideas ... and let the players decide which ones they want. If Playa comes up with the ideas (which will ALWAYS be revenue driven) and allows the players to decide, perhaps meeting halfway with tweaks etc. then I think everyone will be more satisfied.
1st to Gem Mine Level 100
The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
Leander (23rd June 2019)
Old 23rd June 2019, 06:10 PM
Hatchling

Gilde: US forum

Has anyone managed to find the 10 new epic birthday items?

Can you show them?
Old 23rd June 2019, 06:46 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

I'm a player myself and play a lot on Steam...I understand that you are disappointed but you also have to understand that there are certain marketing reasons behind announcement posts. "10 big surprises" sounds nice and "big" is relative. "Get ready for 10 stupid surprises nobody will like" won't be posted by ANY company.

We had to focus on Remastered and coding and designing everything from scrath. Future updates will focus on content again.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 23rd June 2019, 08:26 PM
Farm Hand

Are you kidding me? Dont you understand, that false marketing is the main reason why people are disappointed? Usually when you are teased for something big/amazing/awesome, you also expect to get it. And when you dont, what is the result? You are disappointed. For example if I would be promised amazing food in restaurant and then I get barely eatable s**t, I would probably never visit that restaurant again. And the same can happen with the game.

I completely understand neccesity of finishing remastered version, leading into delaying content updates. But please, be just honest with announcements and dont make us fools. And no, you dont need to announce 10 stupid surprises, that statement was not fair from you.

As was told many times last few years, biggest problem of PG are not updates but form of communication.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bortas For This Useful Post:
Damascus (24th June 2019), Ghettoforce (25th June 2019), kečup (24th June 2019), theDevil (24th June 2019)
Old 23rd June 2019, 08:52 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

It is not false marketing. "Big" is relative. We added a new dungeon, new epics, finally completed the scrabook and had a ton of fixes and changes. I know it is not a "big" update with major content but something nonetheless.

The misunderstanding was that "10 year anniversary" sounds like something big worth celebrating or nevern been there before but actually it just means the game got older. And yes, I understand all of you who had higher expectations. I will talk to the team and forward some suggestions how to promote and announce an update. Something like "birthday update" instead of "birthday update with 10 big surprises".

Hope you will be content with our next update!

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 24th June 2019, 12:58 AM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

from BMW's post Yeah something in terms of updates is better then nothing and anytime a new dungeon is introduced make this dwarf a happy camper smash and bash. I like the holy grail wished it happened years ago. I love the buys in the wheel area they need to add that in more often I think they would get those on the fence on buying shrooms a big push to maybe at least buy enough for the free beer one and some shroomer to even buy the free spin one. IMO that is a good way to get more revenue in a legit way and make some players happy about their transaction.

Now to leaders post about big being relative yes it is relative if you want to compare say a grain of sand. yes it is big to an ant but not a human in this case u can use the term but and I mean a big BUT when talking about an update(s)(or surprises) to a bunch of games no you cant play us like that. you say big we expect something big if you/Play would have said we have 10 surprised coming then ppl got mad expecting something big then that's on those ppl that let their imagination get the best of them.

now if I was to give a grade on the over all quality of the birthday event surpirses I would give it a C- same old events no new ones added I know I have suggested at least one or 2 over the years. only added 1 more day ten normal event times a downer in my books. big surprises over hyped even if not intentional but some good and some that could have just been done as an meh patch update.

not sure if anyone would like this suggestion for next years b-day events but I am gonna suggest it anyhow so here it goes.

make it at least a 1 week event but maybe better a a 2 week one each day has a different week repeats are allowed just not in a row. so say exp then gold the next day epic the next (gonna just say the event from on out just mentally add the next day between them) rarities, fruit, free beer day, free spins, free skips for quest arena dungeons guild pet, you get the picture. yes may be some coding to be done to make it happen but I would think expanding the biggest day of the game each year would be cool and hopefully make ppl happy oh and if u have shroom sale the whole time maybe make more money as well.
beroun (27th June 2019), Leander (24th June 2019), theDevil (24th June 2019)
Old 24th June 2019, 04:03 PM
Mighty Hero

If new birthday items are part of scrapbook... Im assuming there will be chance to see them again every birthday?
It is a bit disheartening to say that on server I play Ive only seen the weapon epic so far. (confetti ball)
Old 24th June 2019, 08:22 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
If new birthday items are part of scrapbook... Im assuming there will be chance to see them again every birthday?
It is a bit disheartening to say that on server I play Ive only seen the weapon epic so far. (confetti ball)
Whats wrong? You were very excited about new - very pretty - items. Oh, you cant complete scrapbook, so sad.

Now you know why some players - especially on old servers - are angry. Reduced XP bonus and new items which cant collect.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pomurnik For This Useful Post:
theDevil (24th June 2019)
Old 25th June 2019, 12:39 AM
Mighty Hero

Not unhappy... just a completionist xD
Im also very patient, im ok with getting them in next few eyars, just making sure we will actually be able to.
Old 28th June 2019, 09:04 PM
Mushroom Collector

Since this update "Guild" button isnt blinking when hydra fight is available. As a result, players do not attack monster.

Btw. 1 heavy attack could be better than 5 weak, you dont have to watch when attack is available. Staff should consider it.

Last edited by Pomurnik; 28th June 2019 at 09:05 PM.