Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 5th June 2016, 03:07 PM
Adventurer

Default Pets honor and ranking

This is not a complain post but a suggestion or clarification thread in case I didn't understand something:

I believe (but I am not 100% sure. I am saying this based on my personal experience) that the amount of honor you earn in pet fights is strictly related to the difference of honor (or honor gap, however you prefer calling it) between you and the attacker and not the rankings.

Is this intended? Because as it is now it's a bit unfair to be rank 1 because you earn very low honor and give away a lot of it especially if you are rank 1 with a honor gap from you and the second of about 500 or more, which happened to me and I would only earn 50 or so from the second but I'd lose 100 or even more (175 like today) if I lose. This system doesn't really encourage me in staying rank 1 to be completely fair so I am asking if it's intended or could it be improved let's say by giving amount of honor depending on the ranking gap between you and the other person? I brought the example of rank 1 vs rank 2, imagine it even worse vs lower ranks which almost always happens anyway since the fights are completely random and I do find very low honor ppl in my fights with very low pet levels too...

So since the way you find an opponent is strictly related to rankings (I think?) and not to honor, why isn't also the honor that you gain by winning or lose strictly related to that?

tl;dr version: finding an opponent is related to rankings so I think honor gain from a fight should be related to the ranking difference and not the honor difference.

Please let me know if I have not understood something

Last edited by Meow; 5th June 2016 at 03:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Meow For This Useful Post:
Alvin85 (9th June 2016)
Old 5th June 2016, 03:11 PM
Epic Hero

Not sure how would you want to change it, but i guess that you should be glad ur finding people with low level pets I always pray i get someone weak so i can kill him and get fruit, because almost everyone has level 100 pet and well, that´s just more about luck now.
Oh well, best was when it started - always 5 wins, yey those were the days
Old 5th June 2016, 03:17 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borb View Post
Not sure how would you want to change it, but i guess that you should be glad ur finding people with low level pets I always pray i get someone weak so i can kill him and get fruit, because almost everyone has level 100 pet and well, that´s just more about luck now.
Oh well, best was when it started - always 5 wins, yey those were the days
How I would change it is: change the equation that calculates how much honor you gain depending from the honor gap INTO the ranking gap. Shouldn't be too hard. I am not glad I find low honor ppl (even though they are high in ranks) because I always only gain 20 honor per fight, only very occasionally I find the rank 2 or 3 and I am so happy when that happens! Doesn't only bring a little bit more adrenaline into the fight but also gives me double the honor (which is still 40 or 50 yey....).

I think that from day 1 I lost (in attack that is) about 4 fights that's it

And yes I agree that it's more about luck now (though will change in the next week max 2 when my next pets will be high enough to actually give some competition to the 100s).

edit: ok maybe I lost a bit more, something like 10 fights I guess, not just 4. But really I can't even remember last time I lost in attack

Last edited by Meow; 5th June 2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 5th June 2016, 03:21 PM
Epic Hero

Eeeh, on which server do you play ? Here, almost everyone has level 100 pets now and it´s just meh - it´s about luck, and i usually win like 3-5 fights now.
W1 power Used to be no.1, but now i am in top 5.That´s fine, i just want more fruits
btw,fruits seems to be dropping pretty bad lately.
Old 5th June 2016, 03:23 PM
Adventurer

w2 uk. Don't know I have been slightly luckier with fruits the past week but before then was just terrible... It's really luck based I guess and in the long run it's quite balanced
Old 5th June 2016, 03:30 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
w2 uk. Don't know I have been slightly luckier with fruits the past week but before then was just terrible... It's really luck based I guess and in the long run it's quite balanced
Depends, trick is in playing on the first day, so that you can win 5 times a day and then it´s easy to remain 1st.But starting late ... oooh, poor people lol
Old 5th June 2016, 04:37 PM
Mushroom Collector

It is a complain post after all
When you were NOT ranked 1 everything was OK, or at least you didn't complain, but now you want to alter the rules because you are 1? That wouldn't be right.
If you want to TOP player then you must handle with all inconveniences.
Old 5th June 2016, 04:58 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMA90 View Post
It is a complain post after all
When you were NOT ranked 1 everything was OK, or at least you didn't complain, but now you want to alter the rules because you are 1? That wouldn't be right.
If you want to TOP player then you must handle with all inconveniences.
I simply did not write anything about it before I was rank 1 (though always been in top 3/4) because I never even noticed it. You only start noticing it when you are rank 1 and you increase your honor gap by a lot which happened only recently.

It's not a complain topic it is a suggestion/clarification one

I am not asking to "alter the rules" (what a strong word you used there wow lol) I just am asking if it's intended like that and how is it fair that it decides how much honor you win by looking at the honor gap instead of the rankings when opponents are picked relatively to rankings? Again if you have constructive answers you are free to write them, otherwise it's just a waste of time.

ps: for the record I am still rank 1 (though I foresee it not lasting long since as Borb said a lot of ppl have level 100 pets now and it can only increase, so it's very luck based) so I think I am handling it pretty well even with the inconveniences.

Last edited by Meow; 5th June 2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 5th June 2016, 05:11 PM
Hero

Gilde: UK forum

What is this luck you people speak of

I managed to hover around ranks 200-300 which is good enough for me. I've been playing since the first day of pets and I was rank 15 at one point but everyone passed me due to luck and mushrooms but oh well, I'm not really sure how the honour mechanics work though
Old 5th June 2016, 06:26 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Meow from what I am seeing with pet pvp is they went back to the arena system of honor and who it picks to attack. Maybe the only difference between the 2 is that a win will give 20 points even if the honor difference is more then 950 points.

Being #1 in any ranking that uses a point system and that system gives less point the farther ahead the others is flawed but then again just abt any ranking system is flawed when you are at the top. the trick is to find a way to take that flaw and turn it to your advantage. in the case of pets not quite sure how you would but being #1 usually will mean you wont lose a fight so u will get 5 fruit everyday hence keeping your ranking.

here is my opinion on pets ranking till you have all pets and all at lvl 100 it is a bragging ranking system. cause we all know once u complete pets you most likely wont ever go back to pets unless Playa adds new content to it.