Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 5th December 2015, 04:09 AM
Hatchling

Default Fortress honor.

Something is seriously wrong with the Fortress honor on http://s1.sfgame.co.uk/.

One player has over 60% more honor than anyone else. This is impossible based upon Fortress upgrade honor + battle honor (based upon 10mins for replacement soldiers and losing some to each battle).

Looking at Fortress upgrade honor, 215 for example would be approx 105 or so upgrades which is 1050 honor based upon 10 honor per upgrade.

Next we move onto battles, 1 honor per win...

If you got lucky and got random battles with just a Fortress wall, you would be losing up to 5 soldiers based upon differing levels level 85 solders vs 88 wall, etc etc. That takes 50 mins to replace.

So for someone to be 1200 battles ahead of someone else in a perfect would they would have lost maybe 6000 solders to gain that honor. That works out at 1000 hours to replace the solders. That's 41.6 days if you played 24/7. AND don't forget this is 1200 battles MORE than the next player, not total. If you take totals, 3226 honor-1050 fr the fortress upgrades would make 2186 battles.

Has no one else noticed this and think the results are fishy ?

This was the table earlier, as you can see, statistically this would not be possible, everyone is within an average of about 50 between each other, then one person has 1200?????

Rank Upgrade Honor
1 223 3226
2 224 2011
3 225 1969
4 207 1720
5 242 1719
6 216 1718
7 225 1669

6 of these players are from the same guild, their gear is poor, they don't use mushrooms on the character. Only one of these players uses mushrooms (one with 242 fortress rank) is in a different guild. How is it possible for the top player to have over 1200 fortress honor more then everyone else, there are only two ways I can see this... either exploiting the honor system somehow, or using an automated program to somehow gain honor 24/7.

Can a dev look into some sort of server logs on this top player / server and find out whats going on? because anyone with a bit of common sense can see it should not be possible for one player to have over 60% more honor than the next 8 people.

Regards
ladruid
Old 5th December 2015, 11:31 AM
Farm Hand

The whole honorsystem for fortress is so poorly made that this kind of exploits can happen. I already suggest to completely overhaul the honorsystem to make it the same as Heroes HOF. Wins from strong targets lot's of honor, wins from easy target low to none honor.
Futhermore at moment you cannot lose honor, also that need to be changed.
Old 5th December 2015, 03:17 PM

Gilde: UK forum

Stop accusing without proof. Playing SMART gets you ahead !!! Thats all i will say. Leander knows about this.

Please read the Board Rules and the Allowed language on the International Forum before posting. Thank You.
The Following User Says Thank You to Valkyra For This Useful Post:
merlination (5th December 2015)
Old 5th December 2015, 03:28 PM
Weekend Hero

Default Really - seriously?

Hello peoples

It has been a while since I have been on the forums. But this post came to my notice. For years now Mage Corps has been at a disadvantage in this game as we are a one class guild. We have fought and fought to maintain a reasonable position in this game. Now, just because we are presently in the top 5 in fortress we are perceived of doing something wrong - somehow cheating?

I can't help it if we are magical, beautiful and wise. I can guarantee that there are no "automatic systems" used to cheat. Just because we talk things through in our guild - share ideas and thoughts does not make us cheaters. I am very offended at the guild being tainted with this brush. This guild is full of great and wonderful people. We have maintained friendships with each other for years now and work as solid community. Getting one over on another is not our motto.

Our standings in the fortress have nothing to do with mushies or spending money they have to do with team work.

If Playa wants to look into the system - go ahead. I will stand up for this guild and its members. And trust me Plays will find nothing foul.

merlin mage corps the only way to fly
Old 5th December 2015, 04:27 PM
Hatchling

Thanks for your reply merlination. Sorry but you have got the wrong end of the stick, I am not accusing your guild, in fact I think your guild is very good and highlights what a group of single class players can do.

All my complaint is highlighting is that one player has over 1200 honor above anyone else, with everyone else within 50 or so average between them. There is nothing one player can be doing that the other players are not to generate this much difference. They just happen to be in your guild, do you really not see that its an issue (that one player can be so far different from everyone else)?

And Valkyra, thanks for your input but isn't it a little silly to ask other players for proof. This kind of proof would only be available to a developer. Unless you know a public way to investigate server logs that would show in depth statistical information like number of battles, win/loss, mushrooms spent, solders trained?

So in this case where it appears there is a problem with the honor system, there is nothing wrong with asking the devs to investigate something that any statistician can see is an issue. As its a possible bug, what should be said is that this would be passed off for investigation as it is strange, and not 'Playing SMART will get you ahead' and burying your head.

ladruid

Last edited by ladruid; 5th December 2015 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Spelling change.
Old 5th December 2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladruid View Post
And Valkyra, thanks for your input but isn't it a little silly to ask other players for proof. This kind of proof would only be available to a developer. Unless you know a public way to investigate server logs that would show in depth statistical information like number of battles, win/loss, mushrooms spent, solders trained?

So in this case where it appears there is a problem with the honor system, there is nothing wrong with asking the devs to investigate something that any statistician can see is an issue. As its a possible bug, what should be said is that this would be passed off for investigation as it is strange, and not 'Playing SMART will get you ahead' and burying your head.

ladruid
When you accuse someone of cheating or manipulating the system you need proof. PERIOD.
If you think someone is doing that report it to CoMa/game support but dont accuse 5 people of cheating just because thay play smart WITHOUT HAVING A PROOF.
What would you want me to say ? Because if you want an honest answer after you throwed with stones in 5 decent peoples im afraid you wont like what i have to say.

An yeah... my "gear is poor" as you say. I'm lvl 273 and i beat the crap out of players lvl 300+.

Please read the Board Rules and the Allowed language on the International Forum before posting. Thank You.

Last edited by Valkyra; 5th December 2015 at 05:40 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Valkyra For This Useful Post:
merlination (5th December 2015)
Old 5th December 2015, 06:05 PM
Weekend Hero

ladruid

You said:

Thanks for your reply merlination. Sorry but you have got the wrong end of the stick, I am not accusing your guild, in fact I think your guild is very good and highlights what a group of single class players can do.

I say: Thanks for your remark pertaining to the guild. All of us have no problem with Playa investigating anything. We are transparent and are open to all investigations. As per Val's comment - we are honest and are playing the game as best as we can. We try hard and we succeed. So Val's comment about playing smart is completely justified.

merlin
Old 5th December 2015, 07:18 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
When you accuse someone of cheating or manipulating the system you need proof. PERIOD.
If you think someone is doing that report it to CoMa/game support but dont accuse 5 people of cheating just because thay play smart WITHOUT HAVING A PROOF.
What would you want me to say ? Because if you want an honest answer after you throwed with stones in 5 decent peoples im afraid you wont like what i have to say.

An yeah... my "gear is poor" as you say. I'm lvl 273 and i beat the crap out of players lvl 300+.
You totally misunderstand yet again, maybe I did not explain this very well, and that would be my fault. I am saying that the one player with the 1200 extra honor does not put anything more into their character than the others below them in the same guild, as in mushroom mount, mushroom potions, etc. So they would not be using anything extra in the fortress over the others. The only one who does is the guy from the other guild.

NOWHERE did I accuse Mage Corps of cheating, I said one player should be investigated because being 60% more honor is not a statistical possibility, and suggested it might be a bug or exploit.

I hope from the above it helps you to understand more as you seem to have failed at understanding my point. I can understand as being a member in Mage Corps Valkyra, you might be defensive, but as a moderator you should be objective and open, not defensive just because the issue might involve your guild or someone from it.

But this still distracts from the issue at hand, Playa Games please investigate this as it could be a possible issue.

ladruid

Last edited by ladruid; 5th December 2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old 6th December 2015, 01:00 PM
Epic Raid Leader

My 2 cents about this (considering that I am one of the people who are in direct competition for the top spots in hall of fame):

I would like to find out the secret behind this success among the members of Mage Corps, cause obviously there is a method that you must follow in order to gain that much honor. If it is legal or illegal is not up to me to decide, I will leave that to the developers.

In any case, if it is a legal method, I salute your amazing efforts Mage Corps
Born: 15/9/10
Forum Moderator: 16/4/13
Old 6th December 2015, 02:25 PM
Weekend Hero

Thank you George for your comments. My response back to you is if the members of Mage Corps have found a successful formula to doing things why would they share it with others? For once we are in the lead. It is like if you were playing any other game and managed to get ahead, why would you inform your rivals? If you did you wouldn't be ahead any more.

For example, I have a particular way of playing the board game Risk which usually allows me to win. I don't tell people how I do it but it works 90 percent of the time.

Learnng to attack for honour late in the game or spending money doesn't always get you ahead. I just applause my lovely team for proving that brains and hard work can move you to the front of the line.

To all things magical and clever merlin