Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like any of those ideas?
Set items 4 50.00%
Transmogrification 5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8th July 2018, 09:24 PM
Farm Hand

Default Set items and transmogrification

Hello, meaby someone will accuse me that my ideas were copied from such games like diablo 2 or wow but the goal of my ideas is to make the game more attractive for players and to make usage from few non-used options in the game. You may vote for two ideas at once. So :

1. Set items

Every set would consist of 9 items. Set items would have additional bonuses depending on the quantity of actual owned. For the full set, we would get 8 bonuses.

How to get set items?

We wouldn't get them straightway. We would have to get scrolls which would be creating a set item - so the scroll would change our actual owned item to set item, changing accordingly its look and stats in order to fit our actual character level. The scrolls would be used similarly as gems.

How to get scrolls?

We would get scrolls by finishing 100 fortress fights as an attacker. The condition for passing the fight would be won fortress battle or battle in which attacker lost the battle and lost at least half of his maximum amount of warriors.

The view of set items :

Every item from the set would be similar looking. For example, we could create a set of Santa Claus, thief, fiery warrior etc. I suggest adding 10 sets for each class (30 overall).

Lack of randomness: after winning 100 fights in fortress a player would be able to choose from 10 available scrolls which he wants to get.
Every set scroll will not have assigned type of item and using the same scroll we would be able to create (change) for example helm to be set item or armour to set item.

Set item bonuses :

The first item wouldn't give us any bonuses.
Every next set item would make that each of our owned set item (from the same set) would get a stats upgrade which would fit for our actual character item level, so if our first set item would be created when we had lvl 30 and second when we had lvl 60 then stats of both items would be increased to fit for lvl 60 items.

Each second and next set item will give us a small bonus. All set items assigned for a given class (mage,warrior,scout) would have slightly different bonuses and information about those bonuses would be contained in scrolls.

Exemplary set item and its bonuses:

Easter Bunny set:

2 items - (Easter madness) 20% increase of set item stats during Easter season.
3 items - (crazy hare) +10 to stats of every set item (+80 in total)
4 items - (fast runner) additional 5% to gold income from the tavern
5 items - (busy bunny) additional 10% gold income from the city guard
6 items - (bunny sculpture) 10% increase of materials from blacksmith dismantling
7 items - (bloody hare) decrease arena waiting time by 1 minute
8 items - (hare rider) increase the duration of hiring amount by 1 day
9 items - (Easter bunny) adds an option to convert your character look into an Easter bunny which lasts 24 hours (2 days cooldown), increase 1% agility and stamina

This is only an example but personally, I would like to have except sets associated with events, new cool looking sets for example elements theme - fire, water, wind, electricity set etc.

Not to make things easy, when we will collect all items from set, those items won't be increasing stats according to our character level, we would be forced to start collecting another different set and slowly get rid of old one, slowly losing bonuses from every removed item from old set and adding bonuses from new one.
We also wouldn't be able to get the same scroll until we wouldn't get rid of the whole set. If we have 9 items (full set) for example Easter Bunny set, then we need to sell or get rid off 9 items from Easter Bunny set in order to be able to create it again, so in other words we will be forced to change our item set from time to time to another if we want our set to increase stats as we level up (every newly added item set increase whole set ilvl to fit our actual character level).

I do not specify accurate statistics of bonuses because the main goal for me is to get cool looking items. I leave stats decisions for game developers or for my readers. I suggest if you complain about the lack of balance to think deeply about those stats.

As we know mage is good vs scout and warrior is good vs mage. We could add for example to scout set - decrease mage critical damage you take by 25% or something like that.

2. Transmogrification

In forge (fortress) we will have a new option: donation for a blacksmith.
Donation for blacksmith will consist of wood and stone, which we mine in a fortress. In order to give a donation, we would need to choose the amount of wood and stone that we want to donate.
This option will look analogously as the gambler with a difference, that instead of one slider we would have 2.
In order to fill blacksmith donation, we would need to give him an amount of 48 hours income from our mines. There would be an option to give only wood or only stone at standard rates 3:1 (wood-stone). We would need 3 times more wood than stone.
The fill level could be made analogously as fill level in a toilet.

What if we make blacksmith happy and our donation surpass 48h mines incomes amount?

Then we would be able to change any item which we own to another look. When changing we would have access to our stamp album and from there we would be able to choose one item which we had already discovered previously (of course we won't be able to change shield to another weapon, for example, only the same type of item). The stats of the item will remain the same.

This option won't work with set items and its addressed mainly to players which have a fortress at max level and they have nothing to do with their materials (overproduction).

Summary :

My thoughts are like this: set items - this idea could turn into a good advertising campaign for shakes&fidget and this idea would be the first of that kind implemented to a browser game.
The same in case of transmogrification - being able to change item look would also be something innovative in a browser game and it would also fill up shakes&fidget advertising campaign both with set items. I'm sure many players will create an account if these ideas would be implemented.
Those ideas arose mainly from the fact that in this game we have items different looking on levels around 1-15 and after 15 or 20 lvl the look of items is generated randomly so that every player can get the same looking item. Annoying is the fact that players with high levels often own items which do not differ from those items owned by let's say, 50lvl players, not to mention the fact that we can have for example a hat from Easter event (appearance of hare ears) and Santa Claus armour or boots from Christmas event
which in my opinion looks rather ironically than aesthetically.

Let me know in comments what do you think about those 2 ideas and also check out my other ideas:

https://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthread.php?t=7288
The Following User Says Thank You to żyd For This Useful Post:
Shnitel (9th July 2018)
Old 9th July 2018, 02:49 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Transmogrifaction - yay
Set items - nay

Items from dungeons, toilet and shop would become useless. It's already hard to find item with the right stats and armor / damage.

Now you would bind certain items together. I think people would not be too happy about that.
Old 9th July 2018, 06:52 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

1) Set items - good idea if you are able to upgrade the attributes of item some how. Actually every ~25 toon levels give you +50 on x3 item. So it is impossible to keep set and decent items.

2) I do not have spare wood/stone. Instead of 4 gems per 24h I am mining only 2. So it is bad idea.
Old 9th July 2018, 08:35 PM
Farm Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
Transmogrifaction - yay
Set items - nay

Items from dungeons, toilet and shop would become useless. It's already hard to find item with the right stats and armor / damage.

Now you would bind certain items together. I think people would not be too happy about that.
That's a good point.

This option (transmogrification) doesn't change anything except item look. It's just an option if you want to wear a specific appearance of the item or if you want your gear to be more matching visually.
Items from dungeons, toilet and shop will not become useless because you will require them to create a set item. Not to make things easy I think we should apply this rule :

1. You cannot create set item from normal type of item.
2. Only rare items can be converted to set items.
or - your item require certain ilvl depending on your character level.
Your item defense value won't change after converting to a set item
The same with weapons - item base damage won't change only stats will rise to match your character level

Are you satisfied with this idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvm1975 View Post
1) Set items - good idea if you are able to upgrade the attributes of item some how. Actually every ~25 toon levels give you +50 on x3 item. So it is impossible to keep set and decent items.

2) I do not have spare wood/stone. Instead of 4 gems per 24h I am mining only 2. So it is bad idea.
The attributes of an item would be upgraded by using a scroll. Every set item would be linked together so if you create one of them the rest will automatically upgrade too - to fit your current character level.

Your item on which you will use a scroll will change into a set item of your choice without changing the stats assigned to it (only changing numbers to fit your lvl) and without making any changes in gem slot and gem inside that item.

2) Some people are in a different situation :

I guarantee you later on when you will have more upgraded fortress wood and stone won't be a problem.

It's more an option for higher levels which want to distinguish themselves from low-level players by spending wood and stone to obtain cool looking gear.
Personally, when I was upgrading my fortress I haven't had any problems with materials because I upgraded it smart - just keep always levelling your mines at the highest priority instead maxing out gem mine too fast. Also, it's not worth it to search for gems if your gem mine is at a low level below 5. It will add you some stats but the value of the resources spended on searching for weak gems would be higher after all.

Last edited by żyd; 9th July 2018 at 08:51 PM.
Old 14th July 2018, 11:09 AM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by żyd View Post
2) Some people are in a different situation :

I guarantee you later on when you will have more upgraded fortress wood and stone won't be a problem.
All my fortress buildings maxed more then year ago.

Quarry 20 115,000h
Hut 20 350,000h

Your picture belongs to player who does 20 spins per day. It will cost $400 per year instead of $200 (11 beers + potions)

Without spins you will face this

Last edited by rvm1975; 14th July 2018 at 11:10 AM.
Old 14th July 2018, 11:25 AM
Farm Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvm1975 View Post
All my fortress buildings maxed more then year ago.

Quarry 20 115,000h
Hut 20 350,000h

Your picture belongs to player who does 20 spins per day. It will cost $400 per year instead of $200 (11 beers + potions)

Without spins you will face this

I don't thing if it's right. I'm spinnin' wheel only once and I've got a plenty of resources because I'm goin' 2,5 quests when is forest rarities event and I'm attacking everyday on other fortress and result is this: https://imgur.com/a/ydRZzfT

Last edited by bydway; 14th July 2018 at 11:26 AM.
Old 14th July 2018, 11:34 AM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bydway View Post
I don't thing if it's right. I'm spinnin' wheel only once and I've got a plenty of resources because I'm goin' 2,5 quests when is forest rarities event and I'm attacking everyday on other fortress and result is this: https://imgur.com/a/ydRZzfT
Please level all your buildings and soldiers to top and provide the picture again.

At top level you will be not able even return resources spent on soldiers except very rare cases or exploits with 2-3 toons
Old 14th July 2018, 03:06 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Everything depends on the server.

I finished Fortress half a year ago, i spin the wheel every day, and I don't attack (got tired of that). I get attacked almost regularly every day and I am rarely on full resources.