Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 7th March 2017, 11:10 AM
Epic Hero

Default Game slowdown by ad requests

Hello,

I normally play on Chrome, macOS, Flash version and use AdBlock, and disable it on domains I want to support, something I tried to do with this game.

Sadly, I will no longer do so for the following reasons:
- Even when disabling for the domain, tubes simply do not work.
- Every time the game checks for available ads / tubes (ie every few minutes), the whole game hangs for a few seconds. That means that for 5-10 seconds, all animations stop, you cannot click on anything, just wait until the request comes back. This is typical when selecting a quest (I get to click the 1st quest, see available rewards, and have to wait before being able to click 2nd/3rd due to the above).

Though I would like to be able to cash on tubes (and still do so on mobile, where they work some of the time), I find the hangs too annoying and extremely frequent.
Old 7th March 2017, 01:19 PM
Epic Hero

Weird - not sure what is wrong.
But yeah, Ads simply don´t work properly on PC - it would be nice if someone could forward it to playa
Old 7th March 2017, 01:32 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borb View Post
Weird - not sure what is wrong.
But yeah, Ads simply don´t work properly on PC - it would be nice if someone could forward it to playa
It's not just that they are not working - that can be for a number of reasons, many of which do not directly involve Playa.

My main problem is the annoyance that is created by the requests the game makes to advertiser providers, since everything freezes until those come back.