Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 7th August 2019, 03:41 PM
Veteran Epic King

Default Remastered finally remastered?

Hi Leander,

Can we now officially say that Remastered is complete, and there are no more changes associated with Remastered?

That, moving forward, there will be a renewed focus on new content, rather than polishing old content?

Should we take this opportunity to discuss ideas for upcoming content, what we like and dislike about the current release, and what can and cannot be changed/modified in the future?

Thank you
1st to Gem Mine Level 100
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
Apollo (14th August 2019), tieum (7th August 2019)
Old 7th August 2019, 04:07 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

As we continuously improve the game, it will never be "complete"/finished.

Yes, the focus won't be on Remastered anymore, but I am not allowed to post details yet.

Yes, of course you can discuss ideas for upcoming content.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 13th August 2019, 11:17 PM
Mushroom Collector

Here we go again, not talking about anything, so that new updates can get announced one day earlier (no time for players to give their actual opinion if they want such a thing in the game), and then surprise surprise, players hate it, so "this is still new content even if you don't like it so you should be thankful, we will still keep working on the game and we hope you will like more the next update"
The Following User Says Thank You to beroun For This Useful Post:
tieum (14th August 2019)
Old 14th August 2019, 01:22 PM
Mighty Hero

Still the same problem, man... Why can't you learn with previous mistakes?

I've seen so many games actually interacting with their playerbase about what they're thinking to implement in the game, in order to gather feedback (do the players like our ideas? If yes, is there any changes that they want us to do? Or, if not, should we really focus on this idea, or should we present new concepts?). This is, in my HONEST opinion, the best way to improve. Learn to listen. Otherwise, you will only keep receiving critics from your players because you can't discuss anything with us.
Old 14th August 2019, 02:12 PM
Mighty Hero

I want to give you an insight of what's happening in one of the best games I've ever seen. The concept is very similar to SFGame - you start in 'low ages' (it would be 'low levels' in SFGame), and you start upgrading your 'town' (in SFGame, your 'character') while you unlock more and harder content. There are big whales there as there are in here, and your account never goes away - you don't restart if you lose a battle or whatever. You can play on your account as long as you want.

That game (let's call it 'X') also has guilds where players can interact with each other. Similar to SFGame, there are 'guild content', where each guild battle together in order to fight something and get rewards for the guild.

A few months ago, they introduced a new concept to guilds that they've been thinking for a long time. This is how they did it.

I tried to delete the name of the game (in order to avoid 'marketing warnings'), and to show off only what's important in this post, so that Playa Games can learn something.

As you can see, 'GvG' is a very non-appealing guild-content, that almost no one plays. So, they thought about changing it in order for more players to test it out, but after thinking about every situation (blue square), they realized that it won't change anything. So, they decided to add new guild-content (grey square), in order to surpass the lack of content for guilds.

After introducing their problem (the concept was actually explained in detail on the next post, but since that's not relevant for us, I'll skip that part), they asked for help from the community.

The feedback thread gathered almost 300 answers from players (ONLY in the international forum, let's not forget about all the local forums!). And, as promised, the game's team came up with a new concept after all the feedback. Here's what they said:

I don't want you to focus on the concept itself (the game mechanics introduced, etc), we don't care about that. What we care, is how that game's team worked out that HUGE concept (for those who don't know what game that is, and how big the concept is, let me tell you that's something twice as big as our fortress update) with THE COMMUNITY. The only thing they did was to come up with the idea. The community did the rest.

Now, let's imagine that Playa Games also does that in here. They introduce an idea, we say if that's worth to invest in (or not), and help the devs team to work the concept. How much better would it be, compared to what we have now?

A lot, if we realize that the only thing 'we have now' is an announcement one week earlier - or maybe a 'we have a big surprise for you!', only to get disappointed.

I want you all - specially Leander - to think about this. We have a passionate community to do this. Is up to you, Playa Games.

Note: Again, this is NOT a marketing post. I tried to delete the game's name of every post exactly because of that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo For This Useful Post:
PziCrow (14th August 2019)
Old 14th August 2019, 09:15 PM
Community Manager

I don't know details of the next update yet.

We do interact as we collect feedback what you like and don't like and forward your suggestions. We don't just create random content without thinking about it, but it is based on your feecback. Nonetheless, it is not possible to start working on something, then ask what you think halfway through and continue or stop after spending time and money. We would get contradictory feedback: Some like it, some don't...everything would be too complicated. A rock band writes a new album by expressing the members' ideas and what their fans may like. The band does not write songs and post excerpts of them, then ask the fans to continue or stop.

Old 14th August 2019, 09:24 PM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
I don't know details of the next update yet.

We do interact as we collect feedback what you like and don't like and forward your suggestions. We don't just create random content without thinking about it, but it is based on your feecback. Nonetheless, it is not possible to start working on something, then ask what you think halfway through and continue or stop after spending time and money. We would get contradictory feedback: Some like it, some don't...everything would be too complicated. A rock band writes a new album by expressing the members' ideas and what their fans may like. The band does not write songs and post excerpts of them, then ask the fans to continue or stop.
So, do you (you = Playa) prefer to create new content, announce it and get tons of critics, according to the last updates? Is really that hard to create an idea on paper, present the concept to the community and get some feedback before working on it? Because otherwise, you risk to make something that almost everyone dislikes it.

I understand that not everyone likes and/or dislikes something: there's always two sides. No discussion on that. But what do you prefer:

- present one idea that 70% of the players like and the other 30% dislike, and then you gather feedback to improve and implement that;
- work on a complete new idea 100% behind closed doors, present it to the community where 70% dislikes it.

Which one do you think is the most reasonable?

If you want to use that rock band analogy, sure, let's do it. But you forget that we don't know every rock band. Most of them are unknown because no one likes their musics, and there are other bands that were good in the beginning until they start to fade away. My guess? SFGame is that band that started great and then it began to lose its fanbases.

* I don't want to seem like that guy that's always negative, etc etc. I'm here since 2010, I'm truly passionate about the game and I just want to help. If you believe that I'm being negative with my speech, it's not my intention.
bobo baggins (16th August 2019)
Old 14th August 2019, 09:44 PM
Community Manager

I'll talk to the devs and forward that you would like to see more transparency.

I am not Playa. Community managers are the link between devs and community, we forward your feedback and post game-related news and are here to help. As a gamer myself, I understand both sides, players and company. Moreover, working for a company does not mean I like or understand all decisions.

I agree that things haven't always been that good, but a better cooperation between devs and community, as you have suggested, is difficult to realize.
Although having significant numbers (80% for, 20% against something) would help, keep in mind that only a handful of players is active in the forums or on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram. Pleasing everybody is impossible, especially when looking at recent forum discussions, e.g. some like looking for scrapbook stickers while others find it dull and boring.

Anyway, I have forwarded your matter and we will discuss it internally.

Old 14th August 2019, 09:47 PM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
I'll talk to the devs and forward that you would like to see more transparency.

I am not Playa. Community managers are the link between devs and community, we forward your feedback and post game-related news and are here to help. As a gamer myself, I understand both sides, players and company. Moreover, working for a company does not mean I like or understand all decisions.

I agree that things haven't always been that good, but a better cooperation between devs and community, as you have suggested, is difficult to realize.
Although having significant numbers (80% for, 20% against something) would help, keep in mind that only a handful of players is active in the forums or on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram. Pleasing everybody is impossible, especially when looking at recent forum discussions, e.g. some like looking for scrapbook stickers while others find it dull and boring.

Anyway, I have forwarded your matter and we will discuss it internally.
I know that you != Playa, it was just an expression. I'm well aware of the differences between you two

If it helps, maybe announcing these polls with ingame messages could attract more players to participate in these discussions
Leander (15th August 2019)
Old 15th August 2019, 06:58 PM
Adventurer

A big problem of gathering feedback is, that players that dislike are normally more motivated to give their feedback. You dont call 911 to thank them for their service, but because something is burning.

And only if you please the disliking players the opposide side will stand up because now they feel a need to.