Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

View Poll Results: Does SF need rework thirst duration?
YES 43 78.18%
NO 12 21.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4th April 2018, 11:09 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Few things.

I do agree that it's all about the data, yet I would argue the system we have is kinda close to optimal for them.

Players mostly quit because:
- they get outleveled (by a lot)
- playing only base thirst does not seem impactful

That is why power creep is needed and it will happen even more. People need to feel that they are progressing. Specifically non shroomers.

My bet is that Playa makes most of its money on whales that shroom, use everything (with daily wheel) and speed up Fortress buildings.
Some of these players speed up a lot of quests too and I am certain they shroomed quests a lot more before.

My guess is that Playa actually overall lost money with the introduction of Hourglass, but thanks to it more people kept playing (people, that did not spent a lot on the game) and the game overall feels more welcoming for newer players.
Old 5th April 2018, 12:09 AM
Epic Raid Leader

I have no idea if this is even viable.

Why not keep the first 120 minute at 120 minutes. Anything over that could be "half the time" it normally takes.

The first 120 minutes keeps people in the game, chatting, involved.

The rest of it would be more chatting, but cuts down on the amount of time spent in front of the screen, while still benefiting the shroomers who play the current 5 hours and 20 minutes.

The time IS long.

The hourglasses, while wonderful, do run out if you use them. I'd love to see the extra fortress materials (once fortress is maxed) be able to be converted to hourglasses. I'm getting ready to be on a very, very limited schedule for the next few months and it would be nice to be able to have enough hourglasses to get me through that time period.

Again, don't even know if any of that would be possible, but a player can dream
Old 5th April 2018, 02:02 PM
Mighty Hero

Leander can you stick this topic?
Old 5th April 2018, 04:07 PM
Epic Raid Leader

So basically you want the biggest complaint topic to be pinned for everyone always to see?
Thats a suicide (also for a mod / admin who would do this).

Let me put it the official way - only topics which are a great source of information and knowledge on the game can be pinned.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arturu For This Useful Post:
bydway (7th April 2018)
Old 8th May 2018, 08:45 PM
Mighty Hero

Leander can you forward result to Playa? Maybe they will invent some nice bonus to shorten time quest for 400+ players.
Old 8th May 2018, 09:01 PM
Community Manager

I have. Playing 300 Thirst does not take that long anymore because of the hourglasses.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 8th May 2018, 10:27 PM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
I have. Playing 300 Thirst does not take that long anymore because of the hourglasses.
Still it takes way to much. That's why 400+ players are leaving the game. Playing without mushroom is much easier, especially with Time Machine
Old 8th May 2018, 11:09 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

I will add sth to this topic. Everybody forgets about that 100 min isn't excatly 100min because of shoes enchant. I know it almost impossible but if you get 120 x 2,5min (with enchant 2min) it's all about 240min in case of 300.

So I think we have a lot of little things to help us with monkey clicking
Old 9th May 2018, 10:28 AM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendilkelm View Post
I will add sth to this topic. Everybody forgets about that 100 min isn't excatly 100min because of shoes enchant. I know it almost impossible but if you get 120 x 2,5min (with enchant 2min) it's all about 240min in case of 300.

Like you said it's only theory Second thing: there is 320 mins not 300. I think time retired for SF is way too long. I play since w10 every day 320 thirst. It takes me around 3-4 hours a day to spend all thirst.
Old 9th May 2018, 11:59 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendilkelm View Post

Shoes bonus doesnt even balance the time "lost" in clicking tavern, skipping the fight, choosing a new quest and alt+tab
The Following User Says Thank You to Gully For This Useful Post:
Eggman95 (9th May 2018)