Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 1st March 2019, 06:34 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Default Guild pet's unclear instructions

When I looked at this feature I thought that this would be a pet we would all work on together to make it stronger.

The instructions on how to increase his level were not really clear and from what I can gather it would seem it works the following way:

Maximum level is determined by the levels of characters in the guild, but the actual guild pet level is individual for each guild member. Meaning you can't help your guild mates by spending more shrooms.

Now please tell me I am wrong, because if not then the instructions were GARBAGE, and a bunch of people upgraded to lvl 600 for nothing, thinking they were helpful.

I really thought there would be no complaining on this update.
Old 1st March 2019, 01:15 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Of course upgrading "your" pet power to level 600 does not make sense. If the maximum level is 400 for example, every member attacks with a level UP TO 400! If you have 100, you attack with 100...If someone has 200, he will attack with 200. A player with 400 attacks with 400 but having more than that will only result in a level 400 attack! The in-game text popup even says that personal upgrades beyond the current maximum level do not make sense! ("already maxed out"-text).

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Last edited by Leander; 1st March 2019 at 01:28 PM.
Old 1st March 2019, 03:53 PM
Epic Raid Leader

"The maximum Level of the Guild Pet is limited to the Character Levels of the first 25 (not necessarily highest) Guild Members. All Levels are added up and divided by 25, even if the Guild has fewer Members. Every Member needs to upgrade its Level Contribution individually, up to the limit explained above.
The Guild Pet's maximum Level is 600.

English is not my first language, but to me Level Contribution means it's something shared in some way.

I would propose this change:
Every member needs to upgrade his / her Guild Pet's level individually, up to the limit explained above.

I might be mistaken, but I didn't get a feel from reading instructions that everyone gets their own Guild Pet and just the kind of the pet is chosen by the Guild Master.
If you think about it, it doesn't even make sense.

And I haven't seen any pop ups.
Old 1st March 2019, 04:15 PM
Community Manager

I'll rephrase the manual to make it more clear and also add an example.

This is the popup text:

The maximum level is 384. I can upgrade my personal skill up to 384 (+1) for maximum power. If I only had it at 200, I would only attack with a level 200-pet. Upgrading the personal skill to 400 or higher (up to 600) is possible theoretically but is useless as the pet is maxed out at 384 at the moment.

Last edited by Leander; 1st March 2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 1st March 2019, 05:36 PM
Community Manager

Updated. Better?

Guild Pet

Required: Level 100+ Pet (Guild Leader)

The Guild Pet can be found in the fourth tab of the Guild screen. It needs a minimum Level of 100 and can be only chosen by the Guild leader. The Attributes of the Guild Pet are calculated based on the first 25 (not necessarily highest) Guild Members. All Attributes are added up and divided by 10.

The maximum Level of the Guild Pet is limited to the Character Levels of the first 25 (not necessarily highest) Guild Members. All Levels are added up and divided by 25, even if the Guild has fewer Members. Check out the screenshot above and find the lines "Pet level" and "Maximum (= Ø member)".

The Pet Level value in the screenshot displays your Personal Skill when you send the Guild Pet into battle. It starts at 0 and can be upgraded up to 600.
The line below "Maximum (= member Ø) displays your Guild's Group Skill, the average Level of the first 25 (not necessarily highest) Guild members and represents the current maximum Level the Guild Pet can attack with. If your Personal Skill is lower than the maximum Level, your Skill is used for fight calculations. If your Personal Skill is higher, the Maximum Level / Group Skill is used instead. Upgrading your Personal Skill beyond the current maximum is possible but not recommended as it does not improve anything. Therefore, a text popup is displayed, warning you that your Personal Skill is already maxed out:

Examples:

a) Pet Level: 150, Maximum (= member Ø): 384. Level used for fight calculations: 150.
b) Pet Level: 340, Maximum (= member Ø): 384. Level used for fight calculations: 340.
c) Pet Level: 400, Maximum (= member Ø): 384. Level used for fight calculations: 384.
d) Pet Level: 600 (the absolute maximum!), Maximum (= member Ø): 384. Level used for fight calculations: 384.

Now you know a lot about the Guild Pet but what is it all about? What does it do? The Guild Pet's nemesis is the dreadful Hydra. Every Guild Member can send the Guild Pet into battle five times a day, with attacks being free once an hour. The damage of all attacks and Guild Members is added up. If the Hydra is defeated, it loses one head and all Members gain a bonus on Daily Missions. On the next day, the Hydra comes back with more heads and is even more dangerous but also gives you a higher bonus if you manage to defeat it again.

In case you do not defeat the Hydra on a day, it also loses a head (and becomes less strong) but your bonus is reduced as well.

Example:
a) Five-headed Hydra defeated -> it becomes the Six-Headed Hydra and your Daily Mission bonus is increased.
b) Five-headed Hydra not defeated -> it becomes the Four-Headed Hydra and your Daily Mission bonus is decreased.

Hint: Just like Characters, Pets have Classes as well (Warrior, Scout, Mage). In case a Guild mainly consists of a certain class, the Pet should be chosen accordingly for maximum effectiveness. Example: a Guild with mostly Mages should choose a Mage Pet such as Tinck.

Hint: You can change the Guild Pet at any time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Strider (1st March 2019)
Old 1st March 2019, 10:13 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
b) Five-headed Hydra not defeated -> it becomes the Four-Headed Hydra and your Daily Mission bonus is decreased.
At 23:58 we had Six-headed Hydra with 84% HP. At 0:00 Six-headed Hydra restored her HP to 100%.

In our case bonus should be 125% (5 hydras killed). In my understanding it should be same 125% while we facing Six-headed Hydra.

But you saying that "it becomes the Four-Headed Hydra and your Daily Mission bonus is decreased"

Now explain with numbers and real example what is "not defeated". And when bonus will become decreased?
Old 1st March 2019, 10:39 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Thank you Leander.
Yes, much clearer.

And I am sorry. I was wrong.
The game does communicate that further upgrades are pointless. And does that on all platforms.

Why people chose to upgrade to 600 is beyond my understanding.
Old 1st March 2019, 11:22 PM
Hatchling

Default Guild pet reward

In the future, will the reward change?
Will the xp be added to normal quests or dungeons or something more useful than the daily mission?
Old 1st March 2019, 11:36 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
Why people chose to upgrade to 600 is beyond my understanding.
It's a trap. (c)

We see the message 600 lvl max and button "+" is available.
Old 2nd March 2019, 01:19 AM
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvm1975 View Post
At 23:58 we had Six-headed Hydra with 84% HP. At 0:00 Six-headed Hydra restored her HP to 100%.

In our case bonus should be 125% (5 hydras killed). In my understanding it should be same 125% while we facing Six-headed Hydra.

But you saying that "it becomes the Four-Headed Hydra and your Daily Mission bonus is decreased"

Now explain with numbers and real example what is "not defeated". And when bonus will become decreased?
Don't think in a too complex way. It is just another monster with hit points. If you deal enough damage and it reaches 0 hit points, it is defeated. Just forget all my explanations on heads but regard it is a monster with levels.

Level 1 Hydra: no bonus
Level 2 Hydra: + another 25% bonus
Level 3 Hydra: + another 25% bonus
Level 4 Hydra: + another 25% bonus

Defeat the monster to reach the next level. Defeat level 1 to get to level 2, defeat level 2 to reach level 3 etc. ... BUT if you do not defeat the monster on a day, the level will decrease and you will get a smaller bonus.
Example: you face the level 3 Hydra on Saturday. You have the entire day to defeat level 3. If you do, you get more bonus XP and face level 4. If you do not defeat the next level before midnight, you go again down a level. It can be compared to the portal monsters. If you do not defeat it, it will regenerate 10% of its hit points. The Hydra does not regenerate hit points if you do not defeat it before midnight but it goes down one level and you get a smaller bonus than before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullion View Post
In the future, will the reward change?
Will the xp be added to normal quests or dungeons or something more useful than the daily mission?
Nearly all new features increased the XP or gold gain in the game so we went for something different. I don't know if it will be changed but it is not that likely. Maybe we will adjust it after collecting and evaluating feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvm1975 View Post
It's a trap. (c)

We see the message 600 lvl max and button "+" is available.
That's the correct answer in many situaitons..."because I can".

Last edited by Leander; 2nd March 2019 at 01:21 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Filfla (3rd March 2019)