Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Accolades & Critics

Notices

Old 26th April 2018, 01:32 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Default The tube behaviour

Every now and again I see someone complaining about the tube and ads not working. I feel like the system could do with some improvements. Currently if an ad does not start playing the user has no way of identifying if that is because a network issue, a fault in the tube itself, the source of the ad or if there simply is no more ads currently. This leads to confusion and somewhat negative game experience.
Old 26th April 2018, 01:33 PM
Community Manager

If only a black window appears it cannot be reported and we have to wait till the video is automatically removed from the pool by the ad video company.

FAQ entry: https://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthread.php?t=6290

There's nothing else we can do because it is beyond our control.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 27th April 2018, 12:26 AM
Toy Bow Toddler

I understand this, Leander. I think I made a bit of a bad job of putting my concerns into words. Let me try again.

My point is that a user wouldn't know this unless he digs up the information. Even if a user knows that sometimes ads might be malfunctioning and it is because of the provider it can still get pretty irritating especially if the broken ad ratio is way higher than working ad.

Only so much can be done when it comes to keeping users informed of what went wrong. I do not know what kind of contracts the company makes with ad providers and how much said contracts tie the hands of the company. However, I feel like no third party content provider should be allowed to freely lessen the overall game experience of users. The company should definately have more freedom when it comes to keeping up the quality of their precious product.