Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23rd March 2018, 12:07 PM
Leander's Avatar
Leander Leander is offline
Community Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,142
Default Easter Update - Discussion Thread

Hello heroes!

We would like to tell you more about the UPCOMING UPDATES in Shakes & Fidget! Last year was great and we created many exciting new features, like the blacksmith, the new achievement system, and the Underworld. It won’t be an easy task but the Shakes & Fidget team here at Playa Games is determined to improve everything this year – and it already starts with next week’s Easter update!

For the first time in the history of Shakes & Fidget, there will be a new class: the Assassin! The Assassin is a mix of Scout and Warrior, and the only class that can dual-wield weapons.
We will also introduce a new dungeon with 20 levels each in Light and Shadow World: the Time-honored School of Magic. Any ideas what that might refer to and whom you’ll encounter there?

There will also be a number of useful improvements. You can find out more about them soon in the official patch log! One feature that we initially planned to release is missing though: Last year in October, we announced that we are planning an update with a focus on guilds in the first quarter of 2018. Part of this guild update (the 100 new guild raids) has been live since December and we wanted to release the other part with the Easter update. However, it doesn’t quite work as intended, yet. So, instead of delaying the whole update, we will simply deliver the new guild feature once it’s ready in a few weeks.

We also have big plans for after this update: You can expect the next surprise around Shakes & Fidget’s anniversary in June! We have been working on it for over a year now and it will be the biggest change the game has seen in three years! Are you already curious?
__________________

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager


Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Leander; 23rd March 2018 at 05:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23rd March 2018, 12:36 PM
Arturu Arturu is offline
Mighty Raid Leader
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 492
Default

Good the game is being updated in meaningful ways. This is more important then anything else.

The Assassin seems meh. Dual wielding will probably avarage damage from both weapons, which means you will need two good ones.
But this might not be true, it's all about balance.

I am hoping for a slight warrior buff.

New dungeon is based of Harry Potter? Just a guess.

Anyway overall I am very happy, even if the new class ends up being terrible.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23rd March 2018, 12:53 PM
Apollo Apollo is offline
Weekend Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 137
Default

I'm happy too but I have a question: for those players that only play in one account for more than 5 years (for example), will they need to create a new account in order to try the new class and it's epics?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23rd March 2018, 12:56 PM
BMWGuinness's Avatar
BMWGuinness BMWGuinness is offline
Mighty King
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,425
Default

Quote:
We would like to tell you more about the UPCOMING UPDATES in Shakes & Fidget! Last year was great and we created many exciting new features, like the blacksmith, the new achievement system, and the Underworld. It won’t be an easy task but the Shakes & Fidget team here at Playa Games is determined to improve everything this year – and it already starts with next week’s Easter update!
Glad we've got regular updates now, exciting

Quote:
For the first time in the history of Shakes & Fidget, there will be a new class: the Assassin! The Assassin is a mix of Scout and Warrior, and the only class that can dual-wield weapons.
We will also introduce a new dungeon with 20 levels: the Time-honored School of Magic. Any ideas what that might refer to and whom you’ll encounter there?
I'm assuming the Assassin will not be available for existing users ... perhaps in a future update there will be the opportunity for Multi-Class selection for existing accounts with mushroom purchase (ability to switch to Warrior, Scout or Mage ... or a combination Warrior/Scout Warrior/Mage Scout/Mage)

New Dungeons are always good, though we always seem to get new dungeons ... would prefer something else like weapon crafting (combining items for awesome new gear)

Quote:
There will also be a number of useful improvements. You can find out more about them soon in the official patch log! One feature that we initially planned to release is missing though: Last year in October, we announced that we are planning an update with a focus on guilds in the first quarter of 2018. Part of this guild update (the 100 new guild raids) has been live since December and we wanted to release the other part with the Easter update. However, it doesn’t quite work as intended, yet. So, instead of delaying the whole update, we will simply deliver the new guild feature once it’s ready in a few weeks.
Sounds good, I'd rather wait for something polished than a forced release

Quote:
We also have big plans for after this update: You can expect the next surprise around Shakes & Fidget’s anniversary in June! We have been working on it for over a year now and it will be the biggest change the game has seen in three years! Are you already curious?
This is good news, and allows me to redact my previous statement about releasing something other than dungeons

...

All in all, sounds promising ... glad I got my Underworld Trainer maxed out just in time!

To Add:

Assassin
Strength: +1
Dexterity: +6
Intelligence: -1
Constitution: +4
Luck: +3
__________________
1st Complete Fortress in the World
1st Complete Underworld in the World
1st to find all Pets in the World

Last edited by BMWGuinness; 23rd March 2018 at 01:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
Shnitel (23rd March 2018)
  #5  
Old 23rd March 2018, 01:10 PM
Leander's Avatar
Leander Leander is offline
Community Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,142
Default

The new manual entry with all details will be released next week!
__________________

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager


Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23rd March 2018, 01:26 PM
BMWGuinness's Avatar
BMWGuinness BMWGuinness is offline
Mighty King
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,425
Default

Leander you might want to mention that the 20 level dungeon is both for light and shadow worlds
__________________
1st Complete Fortress in the World
1st Complete Underworld in the World
1st to find all Pets in the World
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 23rd March 2018, 01:26 PM
Apollo Apollo is offline
Weekend Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 137
Default

Can you just give us a hint about the new class?
Will they get new designed items/epics? Will be there an opportunity to change class in old accounts?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 23rd March 2018, 01:27 PM
BMWGuinness's Avatar
BMWGuinness BMWGuinness is offline
Mighty King
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
Can you just give us a hint about the new class?
Will they get new designed items/epics? Will be there an opportunity to change class in old accounts?
No new items (no new scrapbook items either), Assassins will be able to use Warrior or Scout items (I assume no scout weapons and no warrior shields,

No opportunity to change class in old accounts
__________________
1st Complete Fortress in the World
1st Complete Underworld in the World
1st to find all Pets in the World
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
Lumidee (23rd March 2018)
  #9  
Old 23rd March 2018, 01:30 PM
Alvin85 Alvin85 is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 80
Default

It might ruin the balance of game if we can change the class in our old accounts.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alvin85 For This Useful Post:
Badhbhchadh (23rd March 2018)
  #10  
Old 23rd March 2018, 01:31 PM
Apollo Apollo is offline
Weekend Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 137
Default

Then I believe there won't be an HUGE amount of players (against what we'd expect) playing that new class. Unless it has some kind of new ability that will turn it into an overpowered class to defeat dungeons.

But yeah, overall sounds like a really good update.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo For This Useful Post:
Badhbhchadh (23rd March 2018)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by 'Playa Games GmbH'