Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 25th April 2018, 01:28 PM
Mighty King

Default Its time for S&F to revamp and innovate

I'm playing a new mobile game, where much like S&F, their domestic server has been out a year longer than their new international server (which is pulling a lot of US interest). They have new content weekly and monthly, and have been going strong like this since inception.

The game-play is immersive, the alliance has weekly missions, the chat is decent (both world, alliance and local channels). There are stories, quests, battles, practices, crafting, merchants, etc.

I find it intriguing and yet S&F seems stale in comparison ...

I think it may be time to rethink S&F ... take a look at some of the most popular mobile games, pull characteristics from those games, and incorporate them into S&F.

Perhaps its a platform problem, but S&F will slowly fade into nothing as more and more players get pulled away to other enticing games.
The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
dfps (25th April 2018)
Old 25th April 2018, 03:01 PM
Raid Leader

It is true that they rebuilt the code from scratch and didn't innovate much, beside world servers.

Yeah, all well said. The game definitely needs to innovate.

But even without great innovations something is definitely amiss with the team.
With every update I get the feeling that they spent a couple of months staring at the wall, then they settled on an idea and rushed for three weeks to implement it and test just the basics.
Or they simply need another artist on the team.
Old 25th April 2018, 08:51 PM
Hero

Since 2012 there is a very similar game to shakes and they implemented much of the sugestions that were told on our forums...
Exclusive epics, daily missions, server monsters, pets etcetcetc

They just wasted time on other games like bloodmoon and pirate island(or whatever the name is) instead of focusing on shakes since it was the big atraction

Last edited by dfps; 25th April 2018 at 08:53 PM.
Old 26th April 2018, 10:54 PM
Community Manager

Different games, different companies. I know S&F could be more innovative but there are also many players who do not like change. They prefer the click and wait gameplay, waiting for new content too but not something that changes the game drastically or that takes longer to play every day. For example, a part of our community likes the fortress because it was something different but others dislike it for the same reason because S&F was introduced as a RPG game and not a strategy game in which you construct buildings.

The upcoming 3D strategy game Clash of Empires will play in the world of S&F and will be a unique experience. No release date given yet.
https://www.clashofempires.com/

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Leander; 26th April 2018 at 10:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
banexx91 (7th May 2018)
Old 27th April 2018, 11:52 AM
Raid Leader

Nobody says the game should be something else.

I think that what BMWGuinness meant is current games provide more varied experience on a daily basis.
You log in to SF and you know exactly whats gonna happen today.

I recently played a lot of Black Desert Online and these guys know how to keep people playing. I will try to translate some of these ideas into SF terms.
And so:

Theres a monthly calendar with reward given every day upon logging in. Better reward are at the end so it is important to log in every day. You can get two rewards on Saturday and Sunday (but only if you are behind).

Theres always a special event. They usually run for two weeks. When one ends another one begins.

Here's a couple of examples:

1) Daily for each five missions you get a crafting part. You can exchange those in different numbers for different rewards.

2) You get double fruits.

3) Every apple can be sold for 20 million gold.

4) You get triple XP on Arena.

5) On longest missions you always get 2 rewards.

6) Theres a weekly boss you can battle every hour but each time he regenerates 10% health.

7) You go fishing and on each mission in a specific region get a 10 million fish as a reward.

8) Each mission without a reward awards the same number of thirst (as used) transferred to Time Machine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arturu For This Useful Post:
Shnitel (28th April 2018)
Old 27th April 2018, 01:06 PM
Greenhorn

Tap into the battle royal hype bubble. Every game should do that now. Even golf with your friends. That is the word of the day.

I just had to, now move along.
Old 28th April 2018, 02:15 AM
Weekend Hero

The thing here is that Playa Games itself has to rethink how they are working on S&F, because this is falling apart more and more every year.

Shakes & Fidget get so damn monotonous above level 350. Is literally doing portal, toilet, guild fights and 320 alu every single day. Imagine this routine on dying worlds, or even on players that already finished portal and toilet. What's left for them, besides doing thirst?

People want new things to try, and I want to say that we don't see new content, but at the same time that'd be unfair. However, let's be honest here:

- They presented us with a new dungeon with 1000 monsters. Players get excited, for what? To see a dungeon with every monster re-rolled into it? Nothing new?

- They presented us with 100 new guild dungeons. Once again, people get excited about it (I got, A LOT). For what? To see the same 50 previous raids once again, that doesn't even give any good reward.

- Underworld, considered the biggest update of 2017, not that I think it was bad (it's nice, I think) but after a few months, it loses its purpose. Ranking is messed up and once you beat the 1st player of the server its almost like "ok, my job here is done. Now all I have to do is farm him every day and build something once a week".

- Assassin: flop. Nothing else to comment. Once again Playa didn't disappoint us, by exactly disappointing us. If this was implemented in 2016 or something like it, people would get way more excited, but after everything we've seen so far, no one really expected too much of this. And it confirmed to be true by giving us a "new class" with zero new abilities, zero new items, zero nothing. Same stats, same items, same weapons. Ok lol

- The famous guild-update, scheduled for the first quarter of 2018, is now delayed to June (according to S&F official Facebook page). And once Playa informed us that the WHOLE NEW 100 RAIDS implemented in December were part of the guild-update, I simply can't expect too much of the update.

If the June update, the "biggest update in 3 years" turns out to be a failure, i will re-think if I'll continue to play or not. I don't get satisfied anymore and if I see that Playa keep playing us with non-sense updates, there's no reason to stay here.

So, please, Playa, start really thinking about what you're doing to this game and how you can correct that.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Apollo For This Useful Post:
dfps (1st May 2018), Hecky (30th April 2018), kečup (28th April 2018), QeniX (28th April 2018), rvm1975 (29th April 2018), Shnitel (29th April 2018), tieum (28th April 2018)