Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > S2 UK > The Guild Tavern

Notices

The Guild Tavern Alliances, mergers, small talk, meet & greet.

Old 6th July 2013, 12:57 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cregan View Post
Either adapt or die really.

If you want to compete with the top guild you need every advantage you can get. If even one of the top guilds lends players for the 2% increase, every other guild would have to do it as well.

That 2% might seem insignificant, but it's actually quite a lot.
The thing is if no one helped yes the bonuses would be lower but you wouldn't see any changes then if everyone got help and earned the same increases in bonuses. With help now it is made even harder to win the next one without help or wait that much longer before you can beat it on your own.

As for the 2% being a lot it is nothing if the bonuses meant that much how is it that I not only was able able up to everyone on S2 UK but pass all of them but 2 so far in level when they were level 200+ when I started. Yes don't shroom there but some do and this isn't the only server I have done this on.
Old 6th July 2013, 03:34 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Gilde: UK forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
The thing is if no one helped yes the bonuses would be lower but you wouldn't see any changes then if everyone got help and earned the same increases in bonuses. With help now it is made even harder to win the next one without help or wait that much longer before you can beat it on your own.

As for the 2% being a lot it is nothing if the bonuses meant that much how is it that I not only was able able up to everyone on S2 UK but pass all of them but 2 so far in level when they were level 200+ when I started. Yes don't shroom there but some do and this isn't the only server I have done this on.
2% IS a lot of difference, not only guildwise, (consider that 50 people everyday get 2% more exp and gold than competition, if you add all the exp and gold earned by these 50 the total earned every day would really surprise you. That total is the difference they get as a guild against the competition), but also as every person. 2% Within a few months can mean a lot of difference for a person
Born: 15/9/10
Forum Moderator: 16/4/13
Old 6th July 2013, 06:56 PM
Golden Shroomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldur View Post
2% IS a lot of difference, not only guildwise, (consider that 50 people everyday get 2% more exp and gold than competition, if you add all the exp and gold earned by these 50 the total earned every day would really surprise you. That total is the difference they get as a guild against the competition), but also as every person. 2% Within a few months can mean a lot of difference for a person
ok I can prove that wrong an example on s3 US top 3 guilds have 190% bonuses for my guild are 168% not only am I keeping up with shrooms my lvl I am slowly passing them and I know a few of them are 300 thirst players. so if bonuses really mattered that much how is it I am not only keeping pace wit h them but am passing them some can be lucky with better exp quests and some better math skills to choose the best exp quest per minute but that only goes so far. If someone can give me a good reason for this I will concede the point otherwise I debunk that a little ole 2% makes a difference

and remember this is from a player that played on 11 servers and all but 3 are currently lvl 300+
Old 7th July 2013, 03:10 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
ok I can prove that wrong an example on s3 US top 3 guilds have 190% bonuses for my guild are 168% not only am I keeping up with shrooms my lvl I am slowly passing them and I know a few of them are 300 thirst players. so if bonuses really mattered that much how is it I am not only keeping pace wit h them but am passing them some can be lucky with better exp quests and some better math skills to choose the best exp quest per minute but that only goes so far. If someone can give me a good reason for this I will concede the point otherwise I debunk that a little ole 2% makes a difference

and remember this is from a player that played on 11 servers and all but 3 are currently lvl 300+
you dont keep at pace with them mate, they are simply higher levels and as higher as they get, the closer your in-between lvl distance will get. Nonetheless, they progress at a really higher speed than you do. In a few words, you will never manage to reach them, simply because they will be advancing faster than you. The only thing that you will manage is reach closer to their levels, but dont ever expect to fight them and be on 50-50 terms. Yes, you might win some battles (due to the luck factor the battles have such as who attacks first, who dodges etc), but you will never be as strong as them
Old 7th July 2013, 11:49 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Some math:

Let's assume someone is in a guild with 2% extra gold and xp, and that you and him play exactly the same (so equal amount of shrooms and time spent), and that you both just levelled up to the same level.

Every single quest he get 2% more than you, so also every single day he gets 2% more.

That means that in 50 days he will have 50 times that 2% extra, resulting in a full days worth of xp/gold extra.

If the other is at a higher level than you, he's be racing away from you even faster as the amount of xp/gold he gets is bigger than yours.

Add to this what Baldur said;
The level number is a bad way to track your progress. If I lag behind 1000,000 xp on low levels, you'd be vastly higher level.
As you know, 1000,000 xp is NOTHING once you get above level 100. We'd be the same level most of the time.
Old 7th July 2013, 12:09 PM
Golden Shroomer

Ok apparently no one is reading what I am saying so I will try this.

example 3 months ago me and player X were the same level he is in a guild with 190% bonuses me with 168% bonuses I know that player X does 30 thirst a day as do I am now 1 level ahead of him and I now beat him in arena 90% of the time where before it was 50%.

Yes you would think that having better bonuses help you level quicker and the added gold makes you stronger but what I am saying is you get neither more exp or gold because they what everyone around the same level leveling at the same speed so if your bonuses are higher you get a lower base exp and gold and after the bonuses are added they are the same.

The difference in how a person levels is part luck on getting more high end exp quests then others and picking the best of the 3 for getting the best exp per segment.
Old 7th July 2013, 12:39 PM
Epic Raid Leader

I don't believe this 'conspiracy theory'.

They were either not doing 30 thirst, or not selecting the best quests to level up.

Luck is not a factor here. In order to get to level 300 you need to do tens of thousands of quests, enough to eliminate the influence of luck; everyone has the same chance for good things to happen. The more quests players do, the more their gains will be the same.
Old 7th July 2013, 01:41 PM
Epic Raid Leader

there is no way he was in front of you mate and while you did exactly the same movements (300 thirst, same mounts, always the best exp quests) you managed to surpass him... The only reasonable explanation is that he either: 1) didnt exp some days due to real life issues (vacations etc), or 2)He simply choses some gold quests more than you (i.e. gold weekend event etc etc).. Even if there is a difference in the exp gained per day, in a run of weeks or even better months, the exp gained is the same. The best you could do as i said above, was to reach close to his lvl. But surpass while he was 100% active? Impossible, i have tested this out with guildmates
Old 7th July 2013, 01:49 PM
Golden Shroomer

Yes it is possible as I talk to this person on a regular basis and he says he gets his 300 thirst in everyday. as for saying over a period of time the exp equals out nope I have a player on s4 US who is well known on the German servers that we both did 300 thirst and both picked best exp per segment but he not only caught up to me but passed me. He would go on vacation for a week or 2 I would catch up and within a month he would be a level higher then me again and closer to leveling then me.
Old 8th July 2013, 04:42 PM
Farm Hand

I follow Laurentis is his thoughts. For me its stupid to lend ppl to other guilds or to accept other guilds member just to beat dungeon. It kills competition. We should all be part of one guild then and play under one name! :/
If you cannot do that for yourself, then try harder and keep playing until you are ready to beat dungeon alone!!! Nothing better that that!!
I saw that top guild from UK2 server is borrowing their top players to 3 or 4 guilds just to beat dungeons with them. One day here, another day there...
On the other hand, they are protected from attacks as bug in game not letting anyone to attack them. Why is that? They seems to protected like DoDo bird, noone can harm them when they are weak! THat is so lame and bad for game itself! (Try speaking to guild leader that tried and didnt make attack on them)

To resume, if you want to have fair competition, you should forbid or at least to shrink borrowing players to 1 trip/week, 2trip/month. Without that game is loosing its magic.