Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 24th June 2018, 10:49 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Um, what are you talking about? You sound like you've found the holy grail but actually I don't understand all that fuss.

First, I don't know how the Steam and HTML5 versions were created. Second, it does not even matter. I said the Steam version was developed to have a Flash-less version of the game, one that does not require a browser. As I never said it was created from scratch it does not matter if an exporter was used or not. And of course we wanted to have our game on Steam to attract new players, makes sense, right?
Same for the HTML5 version - we were looking for a Flash-less alternative, developed HTML5 but things did not work well.

Some time ago we started S&F Remastered...coding the whole game from scratch.
Reason: getting rid of Flash, redesigning the game (more space for new buttons), increasing performance (compared to Flash).

"and Playa is lying, how can we trust Leander or others Comas anymore?"

Why are we lying? Your post makes no sense. It is S&F Remastered we have been programming from scratch, NOT Steam or HTML5.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Last edited by Leander; 24th June 2018 at 10:50 PM.
Old 25th June 2018, 02:52 AM
Veteran Epic King

Guys, chill out, Leander is just the messenger, relaying information back and forth for us.

Here is my proposal ...

We, the members of the international forum, put forward a proposal of fixes, with Eggman's help, of what we think is a priority for Playa to fix.

We could classify it in order of priority, and Playa could come back with a yes or no to fix it, how hard the fix will be, and an ETA of when the fix could be published.

Then, we could put forward a proposal of new content, much in the same way.

This would be an opportunity for Playa to say "we see you're upset, we want to make amends, and we want the community to be an active part of how we reshape the game".

This way, we can incorporate prior requests (that have not been shot down by playa, or Eggman has cataloged in the german forums as well as our history of recommendations).

While this would make more work for Leander, Kotti and Playa ... it would be a step in the right direction for:

1. Playa and the community to bond
2. Playa and the community to ensure a happier gameplay
3. Playa to keep paying customers
4. Playa to tout their happy active community
5. Community to get what they want, and have more contributions to new content

yeah, nobody is super happy about the update, but we need to move on and figure out a way to turn this into a positive ... and I think my recommendation is the best way to move forward.

I also realize easier said than done, but many contributing members (like Eggman, etc.) are extremely active and helpful enough to make this work!

Leander, please pass this on to Playa and ask them to seriously consider it.
1st to Gem Mine Level 100 in the World
1st Deep Mine Master in the World
#1 Arena Manager in the World
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:
KOMA90 (25th June 2018), Selidah (26th June 2018)
Old 25th June 2018, 09:31 AM
Epic Raid Leader

There's extremely low chance of this happening.
They always had their own vision and own pace.
Asking them for ETA on anything will end badly.

Some bugs were ignored for a very long time.
Do you remember what happend with one of the weekend event pets (I think it was Light)?
They needed three fixes to make things right.

I have personally given up on all of this.
We should just accept that until 3.0 not much will change.
Old 25th June 2018, 11:57 AM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
Guys, chill out, Leander is just the messenger, relaying information back and forth for us.

Here is my proposal ...

We, the members of the international forum, put forward a proposal of fixes, with Eggman's help, of what we think is a priority for Playa to fix.

We could classify it in order of priority, and Playa could come back with a yes or no to fix it, how hard the fix will be, and an ETA of when the fix could be published.

Then, we could put forward a proposal of new content, much in the same way.

This would be an opportunity for Playa to say "we see you're upset, we want to make amends, and we want the community to be an active part of how we reshape the game".

This way, we can incorporate prior requests (that have not been shot down by playa, or Eggman has cataloged in the german forums as well as our history of recommendations).

While this would make more work for Leander, Kotti and Playa ... it would be a step in the right direction for:

1. Playa and the community to bond
2. Playa and the community to ensure a happier gameplay
3. Playa to keep paying customers
4. Playa to tout their happy active community
5. Community to get what they want, and have more contributions to new content

yeah, nobody is super happy about the update, but we need to move on and figure out a way to turn this into a positive ... and I think my recommendation is the best way to move forward.

I also realize easier said than done, but many contributing members (like Eggman, etc.) are extremely active and helpful enough to make this work!

Leander, please pass this on to Playa and ask them to seriously consider it.
Now, that's a yes sir from me!
But the hardest part here is Playa's collaboration...

Last edited by Apollo; 25th June 2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 25th June 2018, 03:54 PM
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
Here is my proposal ...

Thanks for your proposal and words, BMWGuiness!

This is what already happened behind closed doors. We (KO771, I and others) had long and plain-spoken talks. We are sure the situation will be improved! The negative feedback was a wake-up call and Playa is fully aware now that things have to change.

We already forwarded a list of essential changes and fixes (what the community wants) and made clear these have priority, for example reducing the daily time needed for 300 Thirst, something new for guilds, something to do with metal resources (blacksmith), fixing the scrapbook (items), adding all epics (twister) to the scrapbook...among others.

Do you have more suggestions that are urgent?

Last edited by Leander; 25th June 2018 at 04:03 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Apollo (25th June 2018), bydway (25th June 2018), dfps (25th June 2018), Strider (25th June 2018)
Old 25th June 2018, 04:03 PM
Veteran Epic King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Thanks for your proposal and words, BMWGuiness!

This is what already happened behind closed doors. We (KO771, I and others) had long and plain-spoken talks. We are sure the situation will be improved! The negative feedback was a wake-up call and Playa is fully aware now that things have to change.

We already forwarded a list of essential changes and fixes (what the community wants) and made clear these have priority, for example reducing the daily time needed for 300 Thirst, something new for guilds, something to do with metal resources (blacksmith), fixing the scrapbook (items), adding all epics (twister) to the scrapbook...among others.

Do you have more suggestions that are urgent?
Right on! I feel a new subforum should be utilized ... we can still have ideas, suggestions, proposals, but the subforum would catalog:

1. Suggestions being considered by Playa
2. Suggestions not being considered by Playa
3. Bugfixes and their status
4. New Content and their status
5. Problems Playa is facing (aka transparency)
6. Changelog

Thanks very much Leander for the work you guys do, sometimes it can be very frustrating, but in the end we all want a fun environment that most people are happy about (can't please everyone).

Last edited by Strider; 25th June 2018 at 04:05 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:
heretic (25th June 2018), Leander (25th June 2018), Selidah (26th June 2018), Sendilkelm (25th June 2018)
Old 25th June 2018, 04:04 PM
Community Manager

(just edited my post the moment you posted yours)

The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Strider (25th June 2018)
Old 25th June 2018, 04:34 PM
Epic Hero

May I suggest some things that the game needs to be implemented asap?

- Reduction for daily thirst. Some ideas we previously discussed for this are:
  • New type of portal/dungeon that unlocks more % time reduction each floor you defeat
  • Some kind of "mirror" that, once completed, reduce the thirst time by some %

My suggestion is somewhere between 40 and 60%.

- New content directed to guilds:
  • Some kind of "building" like fortress/underworld but directed to the entire guild. It can unlock new bonuses (% XP, % Gold, % Epics found in shops, % Stats, etc etc.)
  • Nerf shadow raids OR give better bonuses.

- New content directed to high-level players:
  • Dungeon-type content but more than 10/20 floors. Imagine something like a new tower where you have plenty of floors with nice rewards (+% in gold)- If possible, with NEW MONSTERS
  • Change the XP curve once again, after level 400 is way too hard to level up. I assume it must be hard, but not THAT hard. Besides, there are plenty of 480+ players already, so it's possible to work something between 425-450.

- Fix fortress and underworld:
  • Something must be done about all the resources gathered in max-fortresses. Maybe a new building or, for example, some kind of guild-content where wood and stone could be spent in.
  • Fix underworld's ranking.
  • Do something about underworld troops. Only guardian is used. Some kind of "dungeon" where only goblins and trolls could be used.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apollo For This Useful Post:
dfps (25th June 2018), Strider (25th June 2018), tieum (25th June 2018)
Old 25th June 2018, 04:46 PM
Veteran Epic King

Thanks Apollo,

I think we have a very smart and passionate community, and with the willingness of the Playa staff, we can really make something exciting together.

And while Leander and Kotti can collaborate from a forum leadership standpoint, Eggman could be our voice across International and German forums.

I'd be REALLY excited of this collaborative effort, and it would renew my passion for the game.

I also think it is VERY important that Playa be transparent about issues and problems so the community can understand their point of view. Without it, members start making up their own ideas of what is happening and that can skew things.

If we can work on coming up with a collaborative foundational framework together, I think it could be something everyone is happy with.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:
Apollo (25th June 2018), dfps (25th June 2018), hexblot (26th June 2018), Leander (25th June 2018), Selidah (26th June 2018), Sendilkelm (25th June 2018), tieum (25th June 2018)
Old 25th June 2018, 10:42 PM
Epic Raid Leader

1) Updated scrapbook, use for metal resource, fix to the pet stat bug - these are all fine, but it's nothing ground breaking.
2) There were different suggestions how to prolong the life of Fortress / Underworld and Playa is happy with this content having an ending.
3) Underworld rankings are as good as they can be. I don't recall any suggestions on how to change it.

The truth is for many of us most of the content is ending or has ended some time ago and to breathe some life into the game and make it fun again we need something new. And that takes time.

4) Shortening thirst duration - that is the only substantial thing that could be implemented rather easily.