Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 3rd November 2019, 06:14 PM
Veteran Epic King

Default The Mirror Realm

So, this has been discussed on the discord server, but I wanted to bring it here for us to expand upon.

Once you collect all of your mirror shards, you are allowed to go through the mirror into The Mirror Realm.

The Mirror Realm allows you to have you and your companions do many of the features you can already do in the regular world (the amount of options here are great).

The biggest ones we discussed were the ability to store more gear ... both in the Mirror Bag and on the Mirror Toon and Companions.

In the mirror realm, you can go to the shops and purchase gear for all classes.

The possibilities are endless.

Anyone have ideas to add as part of The Mirror Realm?
1st to Gem Mine Level 100 in the World
1st Deep Mine Master in the World
#1 Arena Manager in the World
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:
Apollo (21st November 2019), Enza (24th December 2019), Filfla (4th November 2019), Leander (5th November 2019), Methos (9th December 2019)
Old 21st November 2019, 08:25 PM

Gilde: UK forum

Love the idea of a mirror realm. The thing that passed through my mind was to fight the "ëvil you" or the "evil other players" there since it's a mirror .

Please read the Board Rules and the Allowed language on the International Forum before posting. Thank You.
The Following User Says Thank You to Valkyra For This Useful Post:
Strider (21st November 2019)
Old 23rd December 2019, 03:17 AM
Community Manager

Wouldn't a mirror world be considered a lazy copy and paste idea? Some players don't like shadow world because of the copied gameplay. Having an entire world copied would be even worse, wouldn't it? Would your character start at level 1 in the mirror world or keep his/her level and fight more difficult enemies?

And why can't someone just start a completely new account? What would be the difference between mirror world and a new account?

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Last edited by Leander; 23rd December 2019 at 03:19 AM.
Old 23rd December 2019, 02:55 PM
Veteran Epic King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Wouldn't a mirror world be considered a lazy copy and paste idea? Some players don't like shadow world because of the copied gameplay. Having an entire world copied would be even worse, wouldn't it? Would your character start at level 1 in the mirror world or keep his/her level and fight more difficult enemies?

And why can't someone just start a completely new account? What would be the difference between mirror world and a new account?
You mean as opposed to new and original content? I personally loved the Shadow realm.

Fortress is a copy of other games
Underworld is a copy of other games
Arena Manager is a copy of other games

Mirror World is a copy of Shakes and Fidget
It would allow a ton of new content with little effort
It would also reduce the insane effort needed to optimize tower companions if the mirror realm shops sold items for all classes

I believe if the mirror realm brought more content with relative ease, most people would be fine with it.
1st to Gem Mine Level 100 in the World
1st Deep Mine Master in the World
#1 Arena Manager in the World
Old 23rd December 2019, 03:27 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:

The thing is that, in my opinion, mirror world has tons of possibilities to add new content, and not only recreate what already exists. New content would require little to no effort, which would give devs more time to work on actually new content for the game.

Mirror world would not have to be only revolved around dungeons - we already have that. Imagine the whole picture: a new 'shadow' fortress/underworld with boosted bonuses (+100% from academy, +50% from gems, +50% from gold pit, something like that!), new shadow pets (again, with boosted bonuses! You have +40% bonus on each element once you get all pets to level 200, so imagine something like +60% bonuses now, or maybe even 80% who knows!), new shops with a darker theme that would sell improved items (you could add a new mechanic in order to improve those items stats, like the toilet is doing right now), stuff like that you see? There's nothing new on there (maybe you could fight the new pets with the pets you already have, just like you do in shadow dungeons with your companions), so this could only focus on getting your character better and stronger (due to the better bonuses) in order to fight new, harder content!
Old 23rd December 2019, 08:55 PM
Community Manager

But what is new content? Going through the same dungeons again isn't new content. What is the difference between mirror world and starting a new account?

Old 23rd December 2019, 11:10 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
But what is new content? Going through the same dungeons again isn't new content. What is the difference between mirror world and starting a new account?
Mirror world (in my opinion, it may differ to BMWs opinion) isn't about dungeons but everything else. And this is not supposed to be a new big content update, is just a "tool" to improve the character even more.

Imagine this way: shadow dungeons are harder and give better rewards than light dungeon. We could do something similar in here. Fortress, underworld, pets, you name it. Harder, but better bonuses too. This revolves around a new way to improve our character.
Old 24th December 2019, 02:01 AM
Community Manager

Do you start collecting pets from scratch? And a new fortress, a new underworld? What is your reward - XP and gold? A lot of players are not happy if something just gives you those again and again.

I'd love some sort of island. You gather wood and other resources to build a ship, set sails and explore an island. There you go up against monsters, gain island gold, gain resources to build your village...a game in the game...maybe this is not that different from BMWGuiness' idea...but a new world (island) with new resources and a fresh start still feels more unique than an exact copy of the current S&F world.

I'll definitely forward your ideas, but I am afraid a lot of players would dislike this copy and regard it as something cheap.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Apollo (5th January 2020), Ceroth (24th December 2019), NthraX (24th December 2019)
Old 24th December 2019, 02:09 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Do you start collecting pets from scratch? And a new fortress, a new underworld? What is your reward - XP and gold? A lot of players are not happy if something just gives you those again and again.

I'd love some sort of island. You gather wood and other resources to build a ship, set sails and explore an island. There you go up against monsters, gain island gold, gain resources to build your village...a game in the game...maybe this is not that different from BMWGuiness' idea...but a new world (island) with new resources and a fresh start still feels more unique than an exact copy of the current S&F world.

I'll definitely forward your ideas, but I am afraid a lot of players would dislike this copy and regard it as something cheap.
Yes your idea is really great, but what are the odds for Playa to add something like that?
Old 24th December 2019, 07:10 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Actually, it's a very very good idea !
In the mirror world you can start shadow character at level 1
You have all the bonuses (xp, gold, aura gem mine, Hall of knight, ...) directly at level 1... but you can be in a shadow guild (not necessarily with the same players) and level up the xp bonus and gold bonus. You can level up your shadow aura (from 1 to 66 and it's added to your light aura), so the stuff will be amazing at level 1, light aura 66
So that shadow character receive twice bonuses from guild, tower, scrapbook, ... You can fight the dungeons which are more difficult but give 2x normal experience.
A shadow character cannot fight against a light character. It's like a new starting server in that existing server
I think that is very interesting in the old servers : it gives a chance to people who created their character lately.

EDIT : All this would be available when the first player of the server reach level 400

We can use this idea to merge the server (the idea is to use that mirror world to make possible the server fusion):
*A player must create an account before connecting. Once the account created, he can add his character to the account.
*Only one shadow character per nation/account (so 1 character in french server only)
*When creating the shadow character, the player must choose an character from which the data (light aura, xp and gold bonus from light guild,...) would be transfered. Do it with your best character !
*You can/must choose another class for your shadow character !
*Shadow character companions : choose 1 strenght char, 1 intelligence char and 1 dex char.

Enza
French forum moderator

Last edited by Enza; 24th December 2019 at 09:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Enza For This Useful Post:
Valkyra (24th December 2019)