Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 9th November 2017, 11:17 PM
Community Manager

No date given. I don't know more than you at the moment. As usual: will post news as soon as I get some.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 10th November 2017, 05:08 PM
Weekend Hero

The Underworld was very good idea. Because Playa has never invested into Global Test server (like others online games) where many people can test and give feedback we have very not balanced addon.

It looks like devs have taken everything form fortress, multipled it by some facotor and thats it. Only art designer did his job well.
The main point of underworld - luring heroes is so broken and not balanced so you can omit it. All focus on extractor. There is no even need to speed up constructions so Playa will not earn a lot of money like in fortress.

You really need to think about cooperation with gamers otherwise this project will die sooner or later and you will need look for another job

It was great idea but ended like:

Graveyard Tycoon Deluxe Edition by Playa Games
The Following User Says Thank You to sharshooter For This Useful Post:
Lomea (22nd November 2017)
Old 10th November 2017, 07:00 PM
Community Manager

I don't agree. Why is luring heroes broken?

Old 10th November 2017, 07:18 PM
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
I believe for the impatient there is not instant gratification.

Leveling the Goblins, Trolls and the Keeper can be an arduous task for little reward.

I found it to be helpful initially, and spend a couple of hours dredging the Hall of Fame for easy pickings, but unless you're on a very busy server, they dry up quickly.

So, you go from working your way up into the 30s, 40s and 50s to a dead stop because you can't find easy targets after (again, this is based on less busy servers).

This doesn't prevent you from finding the highest level easy target and grind them until your Goblins/Trolls/Keeper is strong enough to defeat the next appropriate target, but it does put a temporary cap on Soul collection through hero luring.

Personally, I don't mind at all, as this game was never about instant gratification, but more about the (very) long term end game.

Everyone plays with their own strategy ... I have my eye on the prize of hitting max underworld first.

For 99% out there, my goal is moot. For me, its a fun challenge.

I'm 1 day behind S1.de which keeps me on my toes
Old 10th November 2017, 08:05 PM
Weekend Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Leander don't get me wrong - I think this is really good concept. Arts are very nice but balance is so poor.

Luring is broken because it's irrelevant. Extractor overtakes luring f.e lvl.8 extractor produces around 64.000 souls and attacks on 70+ heroes gives you like 8.000 souls. Higher you go bigger difference between attacks and extractor is. On heart 9+ attacks are irrelevant. Moreover it's not even worth to invest souls in your troops. It won't pay off - better is rush extractor and take advantage per hour. After 5 attacks (10 sek) your new expansion changes to framing simulator.

I think luring should be the main thing in whole Underworld and extractor should only slight help. You were writhing about bonuses if Goblins end fight? It doesn't work or it wasn't even developed.

It would be already balanced if Playa would let us test it long before release (you made top secret about it, killing the hype and banning people because of gossip). I still don't understand why you have killed all hype (other companies release leeks to make discussion and hype to attract more people).
Now it's good concept with poor development (no mention bugs like pets etc.).

Overall I like the concept but this "product" is not finished, it looks like alpha test in live servers. Please consider making special test server where everyone can test your changes long before release - it really will help you provide us good product, receive good feedback and

Last edited by sharshooter; 10th November 2017 at 10:37 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sharshooter For This Useful Post:
DarkShiva (10th November 2017), Ghettoforce (11th November 2017), heretic (17th November 2017), Lomea (22nd November 2017), LucaBlack (10th November 2017), Lumidee (13th November 2017), Sabrinchen Maus (10th November 2017), Terenas (11th November 2017), theDevil (10th November 2017)
Old 10th November 2017, 09:22 PM
Weekend Hero

1 guild officer and 2 guild members...
Since we PHOENIXXX agree to this post

http://forum-int.sfgame.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9083&dateline=1458988  310
Old 12th November 2017, 02:42 AM
Mighty Hero

My guess is that the true problem lies in how this expansion is perceived.
I think for Playa the main idea was about ammasing forces and luring heroes - that was supposed to be the high point.

For us poor bastards, crawling our way to complated fortress ~14 days at a time, it's about how to build what we want quickly.

Unfortunately for Playa most units are weak, buildings expensive and (mostly) rushing extractor simply better.

Although I would suggest to others to search HoF for naked heroes, usually theres a couple of such easy targets.
Old 14th November 2017, 06:26 PM
Community Manager

We will patch the game later this week, improving Hall of Fame, fight messages and friend list (performance tweaks, no visible changes!).

Moreover, there will be an Underworld tweak. Goblins and Trolls will receive a boost, making unit upgrades more important.

No exact date given at the moment!

Old 15th November 2017, 12:15 AM
Mighty Hero

Leander, please advocate for an unlimited souls spender (like Mine in the Fortress).
We will need it once we build everything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arturu For This Useful Post:
dfps (15th November 2017), GeorgeKen (15th November 2017)
Old 15th November 2017, 11:20 AM
Weekend Hero

We need good "luring system" now it's irrelevant. Good that you make goblins/trolls more useful but answer why do we even need lure someone if it doesn't pay off and there is not event HoF or achievements.
For now there are only few buildings relevant:
-Heart
-Extractor
-Time Machine
-Gladiator

I wonder how you want make on this update
The Following User Says Thank You to sharshooter For This Useful Post:
Lomea (22nd November 2017)