Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 28th July 2014, 09:09 AM
Veteran Epic Hero

Gilde: NL forum
Default Playa steels our honor.

When a player attacked me, and he loosed, he looses 20 honor.
But I won't get that 20 honor!
So, in my oppinion Playa steels our ingame honor!
That belongs to us, the players!
Another bad consequence from the last update (read my comment in the disscusionthread)

Give us in the next bugfix please our honor back!

So addicted
The Following User Says Thank You to Morrie For This Useful Post:
Willem1000 (28th July 2014)
Old 28th July 2014, 10:57 AM
Adventurer

Hmm i don't understand this

Just yesterday i got attacked by the same player twice
Once i lost and the report showed me losing honor
The second time i won and it showed me gaining honor

Unless it shows in the report but it's not actually added (i did not check) then i guess you are wrong or i don't understand your problem

Old 28th July 2014, 02:23 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

1) a) Gaining/losing gold and honor: the winner gains gold and honor if the rank difference in the Hall of Fame is not too high. The loser loses gold and honor.
b) If someone attacks another player and loses and the honor gap is too big he/she loses 20 honor now but the winner does not win anything.

2) Gaining XP: if you attack someone in the arena the first 10 wins of the day give you honor, gold and XP. Requirements for gaining XP: you win a minimum of 100 honor and/or the opponent is up to 20 ranks behind you in the Hall of Fame.
Please note that this applies to attacking someone only and not being attacked.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Last edited by Leander; 28th July 2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 29th July 2014, 06:17 PM
Veteran Epic Hero

Exactly what I was writing about:
b) If someone attacks another player and loses and the honor gap is too big he/she loses 20 honor now but the winner does not win anything.
So one player looses 20 honor, but the other player doesn't gain 20 honor.
So Playa is pulling 20 honor out of the game.
You must agree with that.
I think it is not more than fair, that the other player wins that 20 honor, so it stays ingame.

So addicted
Old 29th July 2014, 08:29 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrie View Post
Exactly what I was writing about:
So one player looses 20 honor, but the other player doesn't gain 20 honor.
So Playa is pulling 20 honor out of the game.
You must agree with that.
I think it is not more than fair, that the other player wins that 20 honor, so it stays ingame.
Ok so u decide to attack someone that the old way if you lost you wouldn't lose 20 honor but u might win 1 in say 50 tries. well now there is a penalty for doing that it will cost u 20 honor. I for one think Playa did something right for a change with arena why should I get attacked so much and I get nothing but a ful mailbox and they lose nothing now ppl will rethink do I want to lose 20 honor for each loss or no.

Oh and considering 20 honor is I think 2 quests u get it back fairly quickly if u don't attack ppl out of your range to much and keep losing.
Old 30th July 2014, 01:42 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Ok so u decide to attack someone that the old way if you lost you wouldn't lose 20 honor but u might win 1 in say 50 tries. well now there is a penalty for doing that it will cost u 20 honor. I for one think Playa did something right for a change with arena why should I get attacked so much and I get nothing but a ful mailbox and they lose nothing now ppl will rethink do I want to lose 20 honor for each loss or no.

Oh and considering 20 honor is I think 2 quests u get it back fairly quickly if u don't attack ppl out of your range to much and keep losing.
Well i somewhat agree with you too, and i too believed the the battling system needed some tweaking/balancing, but i can't help agreeing with Morrie too since they changed some things that was part of gameplay for years

I think it was fair to say that being active in battling resulted in more fame and i can see the fun in winning from a player that is many levels above you

Losing 20 honor might be back in 2 quests but that's just for 1 loss

Anyway Fame for me now is a bad thing since climbing too fast makes winning for the 10x extra xp harder, i now spam attacks on very high players to LOWER my Fame so it's easier to get my 10x xp

One of my suggestions HERE(forumlink) was:
Quote:
remove the "lose Fame on defeat while ATTACKING (very high/out of reach players)" but keep "lose fame on defeat while DEFENDING"(from players in range)
This would prevent people 'manipulating' their places in ranks, making fame rank doing what it's supposed to do (rank on active fighting and winning)
Above suggestion would of course stop my current 'exploiting' of the Fame system for XP strategy that i use now but it would appeal to all those 'lower' Players that battle hard to get a higher ranking
Also it would stimulate fair battling (you will have to attack to bring someone down in the list) and balance the battles for XP

Again i am NOT playing like Morrie (her goal is quick fame, mine is quick XP) but she is playing like that for years while i only play like that for a few days since the update(although it feels like exploiting an unbalanced system )

The Following User Says Thank You to Spruitje For This Useful Post:
Morrie (30th July 2014)
Old 30th July 2014, 07:56 AM
Veteran Epic Hero

Exactly: the whole goal of my play was to get as high as possible in the hall of fame.
That goal for me is now gone. Playa changed the core of my game in Shakes & Fidget.
Yesterday I only came online to pick up the first mushroom. Then I went offline.
Cause the chat didn't work either.

So, now it is up to me; can I find a new goal that I like in this game or don't I.
In that case Shakes & Fidget is over for me.
And its oke that others find the game much nicer now, but I think Playa needs to know what they did for some uf us with this 'update' (for me it's no update, it's a change of gameplay).
So I not mad or so, so no one has to feel offended en go right in to defending the game.

So addicted
Old 30th July 2014, 09:18 AM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrie View Post
Exactly: the whole goal of my play was to get as high as possible in the hall of fame.
That goal for me is now gone. Playa changed the core of my game in Shakes & Fidget.
Yesterday I only came online to pick up the first mushroom. Then I went offline.
Cause the chat didn't work either.

So, now it is up to me; can I find a new goal that I like in this game or don't I.
In that case Shakes & Fidget is over for me.
And its oke that others find the game much nicer now, but I think Playa needs to know what they did for some uf us with this 'update' (for me it's no update, it's a change of gameplay).
So I not mad or so, so no one has to feel offended en go right in to defending the game.
How did it change for you as you can still try to gain fame you just have to be more picky on who you attack.
Old 30th July 2014, 10:18 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
How did it change for you as you can still try to gain fame you just have to be more picky on who you attack.
She likes to gain by winning from high players, even if its a casual or 'lucky' win

If she had to attack 10 times only to win the 11th time she would spend her time and enjoy that

Now if she looses 10 times (x20fame = 200fame lost) and wins that 1 time (+/- 200 fame gained) it equals out to nothing = time wasted

It is a style of playing that was made possible by the way the game worked for years
Playa changed the core of the gameplay to exclude this playstyle

The Following User Says Thank You to Spruitje For This Useful Post:
Morrie (30th July 2014)
Old 30th July 2014, 10:38 AM
Veteran Epic Hero

Right, it is exactly that. I enjoy to attack players who are way higher than me and to win sometimes.
When those players hate that: it's in the game. Correct: it was in the game.
When others, lower than you in rank are better fighters, so it is. It means you have a rank which is too high.
It's a logical thing. Some are better, some not.

The joy of those attacks, my joy, is taken away from be, by the owner and developer of the game.
And they steel the honor we worked hard for. By attacking or doeing quests.
They changed the system, which I don't like!

So addicted