Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 11th September 2012, 07:54 PM
Farm Hand

Default What is going on in the weapon and magic shop?

Of late items have been appearing more often than not with a 10 shroom price tag on them. This is disgusting, aren't the players who are paying for the game paying enough? I have been dropping items down the toilet to be offered better items in the shops and hopefully when I flush get something of value to me. But I don't see items that are even tailored to the type of class that I am ever. We know it's random, but what is the point of having 10 shroom items if the items aren't exclusive to the class and of value.

On this server it's cost's us £9.99 for 130 shrooms, you can't even get a months play out of it. If you play on the CA server you get 400 shrooms for approx £15.00. Yet on both servers you sell 10 shroom items, the percentage value isn't consistent across the severs.

What can be done to get a balance of value to this game?
Old 12th September 2012, 07:11 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

I will send another report to Playa. Here's what they said at the end of July:

"Here is their reply:

1350 = 49.99 pounds = 64 € = 0,047 €/mushroom
1000 = 49,99 Dollar = 40 € = 0.04 €/mushroom

The mushrooms for the UK servers are not more expensive. However, the US servers offer bigger packs with a higher amount of mushrooms per order. Big packs usually get a discount...and then the mushrooms are cheaper because of the discount.

Playa are likely to add bigger packs to all UK servers, too...they say...but after the Gamesconvention."

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 27th September 2012, 09:59 AM
Farm Hand

Thanks for the reply, I didn't doubt on paper the value per mushroom is the same. But the price you pay for thing in game is the same. So if you ger more mushrooms on a CA server you get more gameplay. Take a 50% mount for example, when you looks at value versus payment for in game items means I could pay 10 mushrooms for something ina shop, which I couldn't afford on a UK server.

This is whjy UK servers are going quite and stopping good gameplay for the people who are trying to stick at the game.
Old 27th September 2012, 12:39 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

I don't know what you mean. Please explain again. The mounts and items have the same mushroom costs on all servers.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 29th September 2012, 10:26 AM
Farm Hand

OK, I really don't agree, here is my calculation at the lowest level. It gets worse when you you wait for 20% weekend or if you buy higher mushrooms packages.

UK Server 130 mushrooms is £9.99
CAD Server 100 mushrooms is $9.99

At the exchange rate of 1.5871 100 UK mushrooms are $12.19, you can already see the difference. (Calculation being £9.99/130*100=£7.68*1.5871=$12.19)

That means a mount on a UK sever will cost you $3.40 and on a CA server it will cost you $2.50, this example also goes as far as anything you do in game when using mushrooms, so not only is the UK server getting a raw deal on the amount of mushrooms it gets to the '£' it doesn't even help that the price of things are standard across all servers making it not equal to the amount you pay with mushrooms in game.

Long and short we don't get the same value, equating to the fact we are having to pay more for things on the UK servers, which is killing the UK game.

I have always said it before, I will only charge my account up once a month at £9.99 when it's a 20% day which is 156 mushrooms. This makes one mushroom 10 cents. If I waited until 20% day on a CA server and bought the third package I would get 480 mushrooms to play the game with, which would give me a 300 thirst all month it would only cost me 5 cents per mushroom. This will only cost me £15.80, you could argue about spending £24.99 on 660 mushrooms on a 20% day on the UK server, but you wouldn't get two months out of it. Budget also denotes it will be out of reach for most people, spend £31.60 on 960 mushrooms on a CA server adding 60 free mushrooms = 1020 shrooms - 125 for five mount consecutive mounts to cover the two months leave you 895 shrooms divide that by 62 and that still give you 14 mushrooms a day even without any extra you might pick up and the two months being 31 days. 960 mushrooms is only 3 pence rinded up is only 5 cents.

I enjoy the game, I have made the same player on a CA server. So might be jumping like the rest insted of keeping a highly rated player on the alive on UK2 server.

Cheaper rates will mean more paying players, or mushrooms versus value of the paid price will get loyalty of people to their own country servers.

I know I have thrown everything at you and Side tracked, there was also the price of things that we are seemly having to pay in the shop for items 10 shrooms for things is a sham alone. I have so many things to say I could go on, lol....... but I don't it's a level playing field across the servers.

Last edited by Silva; 29th September 2012 at 03:05 PM.