Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 8th October 2016, 07:46 AM
Toy Bow Toddler

Default Slots in epic items

I propose to add the ability to create slots in the epic items. Create a blacksmith in the game for which you need to collect a set of tools (the number of instruments leave to the discretion of the developers), collected instruments - made one slot in one subject (I suppose that tools for a blacksmith need to look in the quests), if I wanted to add slot to another item, i must collect all instruments again.
Sorry for my english. Hope you enjoy my idea.

Last edited by Gwym; 8th October 2016 at 07:49 AM.
Old 8th October 2016, 09:09 AM
Mushroom Collector

I think this is the same suggestion of another thread:
http://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthread.php?t=5769
Old 8th October 2016, 01:43 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Yes this has been suggested plenty of times.
Old 12th October 2016, 11:47 AM
Epic Hero

...and still it's one of the things that would make this game EXTREMELY more enjoyable, getting a nice epic with no socket makes it feel like "hey here's a nice item, you like it? Well screw you!"

Had a 3-property item with +450 and a socket, and then got a nice +490... without one. The second item is simply useless, even though it's much stronger.
bobo baggins (14th October 2016)
Old 14th October 2016, 06:30 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Gilde: RO forum

I hardly disagree with this, because it will be more easily for everybody to get one or make one, even the shroomers have problems with this, despite the fact that they are puttin money in it.
Old 19th October 2016, 05:09 PM
Mighty Hero

Here my last 4 epics: 1 with socket, 3 without. 25% chance...
Considering how many time will take to get an epic from toilet or dungeon or shop... it's already very hard to find.
If I had only a 25% chance to find a real useful epic, it's my opinion that this is too difficoult, also for paying player like me.

PS: the 4 epic item in the image are in the detail:
1) tristat with socket
2) pentasat without socket
3) tristat without socket
4) full fortune without socket
Consider also that if all the epic item will have a slot, NOT all the epic you will (hardly) find will be really useful (think at penstat and fortune)

Last edited by Arrow; 19th October 2016 at 05:15 PM.
Old 19th October 2016, 05:22 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnitel View Post
I hardly disagree with this, because it will be more easily for everybody to get one or make one, even the shroomers have problems with this, despite the fact that they are puttin money in it.
In the lower levels ( 1-200 ), getting new items is relatively easy -- however after that ( especially in the 350+ bracket ) where you have defeated most dungeons, the tower, most shadow dungeons etc... your only reliable source of epics are:

1. tons of shrooms on the shops
2. the toilet

the only other avenue is drops from a quest, but those are really negligible.

Now, consider that for non-shroomers or light shroomers (I am the latter - I buy shrooms for thirst, and cannot spend 100+ shrooms for an item, or half that on epic weekend) the toilet is practically the only option, and that is only once per month.

In that single flush (and anytime you roll an epic for that matter) here's what happens from my understanding:

1. chance to get an epic that is either +3 stat or +all ( aka not just luck ) is about 80% or 4/5
2. chance to get an epic that's socketed is (or should be) 50%
3. chance to get an item that's actually better is debatable, and thus left out.

Just by those two statements above, the combined chance is 0.8*0.5=0.4 or 40% . And you only get to draw once per month. I don't think that's really rational.

If you want, just make the socket building targeted to later in the game - eg make it require lvl 15 fortress, or have a huge cost that only endgame players can easily bear ( eg drill a socket = 20M gold - that's about a day's worth of gold for high level players, or less if you actually farm gold instead of XP).

Alternatively, if sockets are provided by a jeweler building on Fortress, give it a huge cooldown that goes down with level - eg 1 socket per two months at level 1, 1 socket per week at level 15.

Just my thoughts on the matter, if there is something else I'm missing please let me know.

Edit:
In addition, it just occured to me that (it WILL take months) at some point we will run out of updates to do in the fortress. That means generating tons of resources, without having anything to do with them, other that have others plunder it. Mayhap using those tons of resources for something like this is useful?

Last edited by hexblot; 20th October 2016 at 12:39 PM.
Old 3rd December 2016, 08:40 AM
Mighty Hero

This "epic" morning more than 300 mushrooms (!!!!) and 0, I said 0, epic with a slot.
0!!!
Only a LOT of epics without slot or with only fortune stat.
You can say that's a lucky matter. Ok but before the gem/slot update, today I should have collected almost 3 or 4 good epics using the half amount of mushrooms.
To add the possibility to insert a slot it's mandatory for me.
If we will continue this way, also the 'shrommers will not use epic event anymore.
What I have to spent? 500 mushrooms for just 1 epic at event?
This is simply crazy,
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arrow For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (5th December 2016), BONESKY (3rd December 2016), bonovox666 (3rd December 2016), Bortas (3rd December 2016), Kirur (3rd December 2016), KOMA90 (3rd December 2016)
Old 4th December 2016, 01:57 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Gilde: UK forum

I still fail to see what's the purpose of adding to the game "the possibility to insert a slot". So what? You get an epic with no slots and then you go to shops and pay i.e. 500.000gold to insert a socket to it? Is that fulfilling? Why not make everyone level 500 and give them limitless mushrooms and infinite stats? Let's make the game totally goal-less and give no satisfaction whatsoever to the gamers.

I spent 2000 mushrooms to get epics in every slot with gems mate, and that is what pays this company and that is what satisfies me as a player as well. The fact that not all of us are equally strong. If they give to everyone the ability to be equal, the next day the company is dead and thus the game is dead.

Please stop whining for god's sake, this game is easy enough as it is....
Born: 15/9/10
Forum Moderator: 16/4/13
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgeKen For This Useful Post:
Shnitel (5th December 2016)
Old 4th December 2016, 09:05 PM
Hero

I didnt got lucky too

From all of those only 2 had better stats and was only 10

The only luck i got was 3 epics in missions in the same day...and wc is the other one with luck xD

http://i.imgsafe.org/40d18508d7.jpg
http://i.imgsafe.org/40d242e5ed.jpg
http://prntscr.com/df6w7i