Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

View Poll Results: Does SF need rework thirst duration?
YES 43 78.18%
NO 12 21.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29th May 2018, 09:53 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
I will answer this by topics

1. This is a pay2win game. Exactly. The only thing that counts here is money and endurance. Other things: daily activity (in hours), strategies, etc etc almost doesn't count for the game's main goal. There are some games where the best player is the most active and with the best strategies: the best players in here are the ones who spend more money and play consistently.

2. "and making the game monotonous and time consuming in exchange for being on the top of the Hall of Fame was your choice as well." So, in your opinion, if I don't want the game to get monotonous I should just stop leveling up my character? Is that it?

3. "The game is evolving and with more and more updates there are more and more changes EVEN for the smaller levels that don't seem "fair" for someone ... but that's how it is." That's how it is but that's not how its supposed to be. Thats why we're here, discussing new ideas and what would fit the game in the best way.
So will I.

1. I agree with everything here !

2. I think I have expressed myself wrong ... I didn't mean to attack you or anything ... But this point is not about the topic of the thread anymore.

3. I am not saying that this situation is how it should be ! All I am saying is that changes are happening all the time and some people are going to be happy and some angry. My point was that the thing about older players being angry because newer players have advantages ... those advantages have already been implemented several times before. Of course that it isn't ideal but that is how changes work ater all (at least in MMORPG games).

And about the new portal idea and reducing the thirst ... it sounds interesting for sure. But instead of trying to reduce the time of doing something boring and monotonous I would rather see some completely new content for higher levels so there is more to do at that point of the game.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kuba311 For This Useful Post:
Apollo (29th May 2018)
Old 27th June 2018, 08:28 PM
Greenhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
So what you're telling me Apollo is thatif you would start on a new server you would be fine having no reduction at all? It wouldn't bother you that you have to spend 4,5 hour each day playing?

Also it's not about giving bonuses but making the game less bothersome for everyone.
On high levels we need content not having stuff at expense of others.
I just have to reply. I'm curious, if you already suggested Playa to change the witch system. Because you are arguing for time reduction from the start. Do you have enchanted boots from the first day on a new server?
It takes time before you unlock the witch and before there is a scroll. Also you cannot play 320 thirst from the start because there is no scroll that would allow you to do more then 300 thirst.

I think this shloud be the same. Not something you get instantly. You deserve it. You have motivation to get there, because you get something.

But I have another suggestion. If Playa would want to give it from the start: what about to close all servers older then (let's say) 5 years? Then older players can move to new ones and have the same conditions as new players. And we lose our monotony....
But I'm really wondering who would start a new character

Although personally I would like to see some end in this game. Maybe level 600 which is currently the most you can get?
Old 28th June 2018, 10:19 PM
Epic Raid Leader

True, you do not have witch boots enhancement from the start and it is something to work towards.
But when it becomes available, everyone can use it.

Most people in this topic suggested that basically the higher player level is the bigger the reduction should be.

I am against such a solution and always will be, since I find it to be extremely selfish. That's all.
Old 29th June 2018, 05:34 PM
Greenhorn

Also true. But first suggestions were for lvl 400+ or at least 350+.

So the question is: what would you prefer better?
1. Till lvl 400 no more reduction, since 400 just half of the time.

or

2. Something like Shadow portal which gives some reduction, max reduction is half of time.

As lvl 406 I could more use first choice. But I would prefer the second one, because I would like to see it connected with some other content. And content as "Shadow portal" leads to content for higher level players. Which sounds great. Because on lower levels there are plenty things to do... And to be honest: on lower levels you spend time here not just because of the thirst but also because of that content. Meaning you don't really need more reduction because you still would spend that time by playing this game.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chani For This Useful Post:
Selidah (29th June 2018)
Old 1st July 2018, 01:33 AM
Epic Hero

This was my point of view. Low level accounts doesn't have the 'monotony' issue. Not only they have a lot of content to accomplish till, maybe, level 275~300, but they also level up real fast.

And, if I may, do you know someone that stopped playing at low levels (below 250) because they didn't have "time" ? I don't know a single person with that problem, but that's just me

I'm not saying you can only unlock this at level 400. But it would be good to have some kind of content (I'm against any shadow-theme kind of dungeon, enough of that) where you'd not get any XP or gold +%, but instead you'd get -% time reduction.

Is not a matter of being selfish, I really understand how you're seeing this suggestion. But this problem simply doesn't exist in the beggining. Or in other words, the problem is not the 5hours per day; instead, is the 5 hours per day for years after years after years. That's the real problem! Nobody cares about losing 5hours/day in the first one-two months after creating an account: their real problem is to keep up with that amount of time during months and years.

And many people already suggested that this issue could solve not one, but two problems!

1. Less time doing thirst;
2. A fresh way to design new content for mid-high level players. (we could imagine this by creating a new dungeon with, let's say, 100 new monsters, and each monster defeated gives you -0.4% time reduction. In the end, you'd get -40% time reduction. Of course, this % is up to discuss)

Last edited by Apollo; 1st July 2018 at 01:35 AM.
Old 1st July 2018, 02:23 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Well, then let's put some reasonable data here.

What we need is opinion of people who do start on new servers when they launch.
So could everyone please say if they intend to start on a new server in the future and if they would mind that the reduction is only for higher levels?

I play only one character now (450+) and do not intend to restart.
Old 17th July 2018, 10:03 AM
Epic Raid Leader

It's a shame nobody has given any input here.

Anyway we know exactly what Playa thinks about it.
No further reductions. More hourglasses.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arturu For This Useful Post:
promucha (17th July 2018)
Old 17th July 2018, 03:19 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Not correct. All you know is that there is a new item to skip quests. Doesn't mean it will be the only new thing to reduce thirst duration. I don't know what Playa will come up with in the next months. I did forward the suggestions with buildings that reduce duration etc. so the current situation isn't necessarily how the game will forever be as you phrase it.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 18th July 2018, 04:02 AM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
Well, then let's put some reasonable data here.

What we need is opinion of people who do start on new servers when they launch.
So could everyone please say if they intend to start on a new server in the future and if they would mind that the reduction is only for higher levels?

I play only one character now (450+) and do not intend to restart.
If Playa wake up and start designing good and new content, yes I will. And as a former mid level player (370), I don't mind that this only becomes available at level 350-400. But 350 is preferable (or below)
Old 18th July 2018, 10:07 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Not correct. All you know is that there is a new item to skip quests. Doesn't mean it will be the only new thing to reduce thirst duration. I don't know what Playa will come up with in the next months. I did forward the suggestions with buildings that reduce duration etc. so the current situation isn't necessarily how the game will forever be as you phrase it.
We will see how impactful are packs of hourglasses.
Probably Playa wants to see that aswell.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arturu For This Useful Post:
dfps (18th July 2018)