Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 7th July 2020, 11:00 AM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
PS According to some players on Discord, the game runs better in Opera. Give it a try!
It still sucks big time.
Character selection screen takes 20% CPU and 40% GPU. Whether it is Playa or Unity that dont care, or are completely incompetent, I dont know. But it has been going on for too long to make me believe that "we are looking into it"
Old 7th July 2020, 03:41 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gully View Post
An everyday larger part of the community thinks that Playa plans to stop supporting the browser part of the game in order to focus 100% on phone apps and steam.

Leander, can you tell us if there is some truth is these words?
No, there are definitely no plans to discontinue the browser version!

Unity is the problem. The latest version does not work well with S&F. We already tested older versions and workarounds. We are still looking for a solution.

PS The memory consumption in the task manager is not always correct. You can use the debug tools of Chrome:

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Last edited by Leander; 7th July 2020 at 03:47 PM.
Old 7th July 2020, 04:25 PM
Mighty Hero

Quote:

PS The memory consumption in the task manager is not always correct. You can use the debug tools of Chrome:

Honestly i can't care less if the memory consumption displayed is wrong by some % points, if my pc that i use to work and on which i run pretty heavy programs overheats and slows for a browser game there is something wrong going on.

Playa just doesn't care about the player experience. We can se it from the bugs that still are present in the game after many updates. Let's see how many more months will it take to finally have a solution.
Old 10th July 2020, 04:49 PM
Greenhorn

yep.
i cant leave shakes open and do something else basicly
shakes alone on chrome, firefox, opera, whatever, just starts to overheat my pc in a few minutes... this a browser game.... this is not acceptable
Old 10th July 2020, 05:04 PM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4ckwoolf View Post
yep.
i cant leave shakes open and do something else basicly
shakes alone on chrome, firefox, opera, whatever, just starts to overheat my pc in a few minutes... this a browser game.... this is not acceptable
Yep, so if someone wants to play "the normal game" without shrooming the happy hour or spending hourglasses it's practically impossible.

Also i wanna highlight that a lot of Mac users have OS Catalina installed, this prevent 32-bits game to run on steam. Or, in other words, it runs but slower than the already slower browser version.

So, at the moment there are NOT options to play on pc for those that have this kind of problems. Not steam, not a browser, not an incognito mode.

@Leander are there any news? Can we have some official communication beside "we have been looking into it for the past 3 months and half" ??
Old 10th July 2020, 05:32 PM
Community Manager

Did you try the Android or IOS app?

Old 10th July 2020, 06:02 PM
Mighty Hero

There is an entire community pointing to the moon, and you, Leander, are looking at our finger.

There are 9 pages of discussion here, discussions on the other forums, on discord, on telegram, on all the other social network accounts. There are daily reports to the support.
About what? About the COMPUTER version not working, neither browser or steam (for mac users with catalina OS).

Obviously the apps do work, if they weren't working you would already have lost 100% of your playerbase and begging via e-mail to come back playing offering 111 . Also the game would have been coded from scratch in one night.
The alternative would have been Playa bankruptcy.

Moreover there are players that don't even have a smartphone but still spent thousands of euros on this game in the past 11 years, and they are going to leave the game. here an example: https://forum.sfgame.it/showpost.php...3&postcount=25
Old 10th July 2020, 08:53 PM
Community Manager

I know, but what do you expect me to post? It is a matter of fact that the game's performance is not as good as it used to be due to the latest Unity version. The last updates have been coded using the latest Unity version...so there is no step back...we have to make many adjustments to the latest Unity version...and already contacted them weeks ago, but it's impossible to change three settings and the performance will be great again.

If it was easy we would have fixed it within days!

We do not know what to change to improve the performance again...and there's no quick list how the old Unity and latest Unity versions differ. All we know and see is that the performance is not good generally speaking and a couple of users cannot play the game at all.

All I can do is talk to the team and keep pointing out that the current situation of some browser players is unacceptable. Still, the coders cannot push a button and everything's fine again. It takes time to find the reason why the game hardly runs on some computers. The problem is in the engine. We only use it to create the game, but did not code the engine.

Last edited by Leander; 10th July 2020 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10th July 2020, 09:50 PM
Mighty Hero

Just the login screen where there is one clock counting down city guard (as only "moving" graphics") takes 40% GPU and 20% CPU on a decent laptop. It doesnt sound like a hard one to probe? I mean, nothing (almost) should happen on that screen? Anything using resources here is a problem. Fix this first; maybe it is the same problem when the game is on too.
Old 11th July 2020, 04:03 PM
Greenhorn

Quote:
I know, but what do you expect me to post? It is a matter of fact that the game's performance is not as good as it used to be due to the latest Unity version. The last updates have been coded using the latest Unity version...so there is no step back...we have to make many adjustments to the latest Unity version...and already contacted them weeks ago, but it's impossible to change three settings and the performance will be great again.

If it was easy we would have fixed it within days!

We do not know what to change to improve the performance again...and there's no quick list how the old Unity and latest Unity versions differ. All we know and see is that the performance is not good generally speaking and a couple of users cannot play the game at all.

All I can do is talk to the team and keep pointing out that the current situation of some browser players is unacceptable. Still, the coders cannot push a button and everything's fine again. It takes time to find the reason why the game hardly runs on some computers. The problem is in the engine. We only use it to create the game, but did not code the engine.

thats true, but leander you know what is true too?
this wouldnt happen if playa tested updates before releasing them, there are no tests no nothing, thats why the game is full of bugs, full of problems of performance etc, because you guys do it, and release to official servers
The Following User Says Thank You to bl4ckwoolf For This Useful Post:
beroun (21st July 2020)