Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 19th December 2018, 12:21 PM
Farm Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by LapisUlami View Post
@BackStab:

A single officer CAN'T destroy the guilds investment anymore. That's the great thing
about the update! If your officer kicks everyone except you and himself, you got 42 skills.
But as soon as you reinvite your members, their skills are counted to the guild skills.
Hmm... Not sure if you ever were a guild leader. My experience is when person is kicked out of the guild for any reason (especially for no reason), (s)he has very little desire to rejoin that specific guild. Before the upgrade there was no problem: I can keep enjoying same guild bonus while guild invitations are flying left and right. Now, whole guild could be dissolved by an officer who says "oh, I hate guild banner, and I'm not allowed to change it. Let's create our own guild with proper banner." - boom, within minutes former guild is destroyed, new guild is formed, and within 2-3 weeks it will recover portal and raid bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LapisUlami View Post
About the 200$ ... your guild must have had 1.000 or more shrooms in your inventory.
Of course we had almost no shrooms on the account, but thanks for asking.
Old 19th December 2018, 01:07 PM
Farm Hand

OK, fine, could someone reiterate again the incentive of being a guild leader (or an officer for that sake) in this new setup?

Say, new guild is formed, it has a tiny +2% bonus from the guild leader who invested some shrooms into himself, now new players need to be invited. "Join my guild, because..."? Because what, exactly? Cool guild name? Nice guild banner? But that's something everyone can do, and guild bonus is not a property of a guild anymore. Previously, even a small investment into the guild allowed to have a guild bonus justifying the reason to join it.

Same for officers: "officer should be proud to stay in the guild because..." is there a motivation to stay in a guild, really? Let's skip officers and let all guild members start attacks and raids if they can afford the cost.

Finally, not clear why guild raid counters are still a property of a guild? Let's improve that too: drop raid counter, assign raid points to guild members instead. Combined raid points will form a "raids defeated" counter. Why not? Same for guild rank. No need for a separate guild rank, as it could be formed by combining ranks of all guild members - just like guild bonus. If someone leaves guild, guild rank is automatically reduced. Simple!

Last edited by BackStab; 19th December 2018 at 01:30 PM.
Old 19th December 2018, 03:06 PM
Veteran Epic King

Leander,

Just got an email saying "no more level cap for gem and gold mine" so does that mean that the gold pit is unlimited upgrades as well?

this would be in conflict with the previous announcement where the gold pit would be capped.

Thank you
1st to Gem Mine Level 100
Old 19th December 2018, 03:49 PM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackStab View Post
OK, fine, could someone reiterate again the incentive of being a guild leader (or an officer for that sake) in this new setup?

Say, new guild is formed, it has a tiny +2% bonus from the guild leader who invested some shrooms into himself, now new players need to be invited. "Join my guild, because..."? Because what, exactly? Cool guild name? Nice guild banner? But that's something everyone can do, and guild bonus is not a property of a guild anymore. Previously, even a small investment into the guild allowed to have a guild bonus justifying the reason to join it.

Same for officers: "officer should be proud to stay in the guild because..." is there a motivation to stay in a guild, really? Let's skip officers and let all guild members start attacks and raids if they can afford the cost.

Finally, not clear why guild raid counters are still a property of a guild? Let's improve that too: drop raid counter, assign raid points to guild members instead. Combined raid points will form a "raids defeated" counter. Why not? Same for guild rank. No need for a separate guild rank, as it could be formed by combining ranks of all guild members - just like guild bonus. If someone leaves guild, guild rank is automatically reduced. Simple!
I'm sorry but if a leader doesn't know how to attract members to a guild besides mentioning its bonuses, then that's not a good leader at all. Just think about premades (guilds announced and looking for members before a server even opens): they have no bonuses, so how do you expect them to attract new players? Think about that.

The only real concerns I see here are 1. people that single donated mushrooms to their guild and now they see their own mushrooms being distributed by his guild members without their permission, and 2. recently it was announced that gem mine max level was now 25, encouraging players with their fortresses maxed out to start leveling up their gem mines. And now, those players are upset because they can't look for the dungeon's key and/or look for new gems while upgrading the building. But tell me, what do you want Playa Games to say? They couldn't simply say "hey guys, the new max level of the gem mine is now 25 BUT DON'T START UPGRADING YET because SOMETIME IN DECEMBER YOU'LL NEED TO LOOK FOR A DUNGEON KEY IN THERE". Come on folks! Just wait for the build construction to end (or cancel it, but I assume no one will do that) and wait for the dungeon's key. There's nothing PG could do in this situation to prevent this from happening, let's face it.

To finish, as far as I know the majority of players that can upgrade their gem mine past level 20 (= fortress completed) are high levels accounts. High levels accounts don't need to renew their items every month (nor their tower companions), which means you don't need to urgently start looking for new gems and have them stocked for the next epic event. Just keep upgrading your gem mine and when you believe that you're starting to need new items, stop building more levels, start looking for gems and once you have enough gems, you can then start leveling up once again. Don't complicate this.

Last edited by Apollo; 19th December 2018 at 03:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo For This Useful Post:
Kanako (19th December 2018)
Old 19th December 2018, 05:45 PM
Farm Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
I'm sorry but if a leader doesn't know how to attract members to a guild besides mentioning its bonuses, then that's not a good leader at all. Just think about premades (guilds announced and looking for members before a server even opens): they have no bonuses, so how do you expect them to attract new players? Think about that.
Easy, man.. Those guilds announced way before the server opening are for batshit crazy ladder climber crowd, who migrate from server to server with every new opening. They demand 300 thirst daily, large potions and maximized album and there is nothing else to it but eternal climbing. I do not care about those 500 rushers, I care about us, average joe players, who already achieved something in real life, and just want to relax and enjoy the game content in a company of random people found online.

Guild bonus was a great indicator that people care about guild, and it will be online and active for at least some time. Really nice people could be found in guilds with 60%/70% bonus, not in those completely maxed out or bare-naked guilds. BUT, when proper average-bonus guild was fully assembled and everybody is mostly happy with each other, somebody always stepped up and maximized guild bonus. This whole idea of "start small, focus on good company, and eventually guild will be all maxed out" is lost with the upgrade. People who really cared received small "X skill Y exp" share, while random toons got "500 skill, 500 exp" for free without any mushroom donations. Yeah, new servers are opened every months nowadays, but I do not want to restart every month, sorry.

To summarize: I may create a level 1 toon on W30 just to see how these new and updated guilds will behave, but from now on I will hardly spend any money on the game which punishes stable players and promotes erratic players. Dixi.
Old 19th December 2018, 10:17 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Just some final thoughts.

GUILD CHANGES
I still think this new system is worse. People will feel less connected and invested with the guild. And guilds are supposed to be about community.
But overall the changes shouldn't be that impactful.

It would be a lot better if they implemented these changes to the new server only (at least at first). It might even be an interesting argument to start over and test some new stuff.

But asking for feedback? Testing content? That's just crazy.

PET FOOD OUT OF INVENTORY
Up until now we had two main strategies.
1) You feed only the best pet, store excess food and store less items for Witch.
2) You feed two highest pets, not store food, store a lot of items for Witch.

Well... seems there's one less thing to think about in this game (spoiler alert: it's not good).

MINES' INFINITE UPGRADES
I already made my point. If the Fortress had only one building from the start it would be trash update.

NOW AND FUTURE
Seems at best nothing changed. Though I would argue we will be making even less decisions because of the fruits.
Please make something interesting for a change.
Old 19th December 2018, 11:44 PM
Veteran Epic King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
PET FOOD OUT OF INVENTORY
Up until now we had two main strategies.
1) You feed only the best pet, store excess food and store less items for Witch.
2) You feed two highest pets, not store food, store a lot of items for Witch.
Considering there are WAY more reasons to need more room in your inventory, I think the Pet Change is absolutely wonderful!
The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
Kanako (20th December 2018)
Old 20th December 2018, 07:02 PM
Veteran Epic King

The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
LapisUlami (20th December 2018)
Old 20th December 2018, 10:20 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
Leander,

Just got an email saying "no more level cap for gem and gold mine" so does that mean that the gold pit is unlimited upgrades as well?

this would be in conflict with the previous announcement where the gold pit would be capped.

Thank you
No, level 225 and unlimited but we wrote the newsletter ealier. Moreover, level 225 is something that cannot be reached soon anyway.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 20th December 2018, 10:38 PM
Veteran Epic King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
No, level 225 and unlimited but we wrote the newsletter ealier. Moreover, level 225 is something that cannot be reached soon anyway.
ok please review my Hall of Fame suggestions in the suggestions subsection then. Thanks!